Sencha - Services Team arthurakay's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough

Question Ext.ux.panel.DDTabelPanel - mystery icon - IE6

Ext.ux.panel.DDTabelPanel - mystery icon - IE6

Does anyone know if the icon attached below is part of Ext? I'm assuming it is... looks like it could be. (A blue arrow, pointing down at a tiny blue box).

In IE6 only, this icon shows up in my upper-left-hand corner. I have no idea where it comes from, and since I can't use Firebug in IE6 I'm struggling to debug the DOM and CSS. I've never seen this icon anywhere in Ext, but I also don't recognize it from the other icon libraries I'm using.
    Attached Images
    Arthur Kay
    Developer Relations Manager, Sencha Inc.

Twitter | Sencha Chicago User Group

Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

Try using the IE Developer Toolbar, it might be of use if you want to check out the DOM.

http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/d...displaylang=en

Vote Rating
    arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough

I've been using the "IE Tester" browser to simulate IE6 (which does an awesome job, btw) since I'm using Vista and running native IE7. The icon doesn't show up in IE7, so I may have to find another machine to try that tool. Thanks.
    Arthur Kay

Vote Rating

After spending some time simply commenting-out components to isolate the problem, I've found that it's caused somewhere in Ext.ux.panel.DDTabelPanel(). If I replace the following code, that icon disappears:

Code:
        //Basan.UI.tabPanelRegion = new Ext.ux.panel.DDTabPanel({
        Basan.UI.tabPanelRegion = new Ext.TabPanel({
        });
    Strange indeed...
    Arthur Kay

Vote Rating

Yupp - the "dd-arrow-down" class is the culprit. No idea why it shows up where it does in IE6, but changing the CSS to "visibility: hidden;" seems to do the trick.
    Arthur Kay

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Updated the thread title to make this a bit more searchable for others.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 2