1. #181
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    218
    Vote Rating
    1
    abraxxa is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    When calling isValid in the superboxselect component firebug reports a 'too much recursion' error.
    It can be fixed by removing the clearInvalid calls in validateValue.
    ExtJS itself doesn't call clearInvalid in validateValue either (for example in Ext.form.NumberField), so I assume this is the correct fix for the problem.
    If not please correct me.

    Code:
    validateValue: function(val){
            if(this.items.getCount() === 0){
                 if(this.allowBlank){
                     /*this.clearInvalid();*/
                     return true;
                 }else{
                     this.markInvalid(this.blankText);
                     return false;
                 }
            }
            
            /*this.clearInvalid();*/
            return true;
        },

  2. #182
    Ext User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2
    Vote Rating
    0
    rdblyth is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    SuperBoxSelect is giving me issues in IE7 after I added a doctype for HTML 4.01 Transitional. If the superboxselect is empty and I peform a search results come back fine and I can select them. If I perform another search after I have one item in my superboxselect the results are not displayed and my search term disappears. If I remove the doctype everything works great. The odd thing is sometime this problem occurs after having one item or two items in the superboxselect.

    Firefox works fine either way.

    Has anyone seen this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Daniel

  3. #183
    Ext User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2
    Vote Rating
    0
    rdblyth is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by rdblyth View Post
    SuperBoxSelect is giving me issues in IE7 after I added a doctype for HTML 4.01 Transitional. If the superboxselect is empty and I peform a search results come back fine and I can select them. If I perform another search after I have one item in my superboxselect the results are not displayed and my search term disappears. If I remove the doctype everything works great. The odd thing is sometime this problem occurs after having one item or two items in the superboxselect.

    Firefox works fine either way.

    Has anyone seen this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Daniel
    After trying to debug the problem it looks the problem is caused by the SuperBoxSelect losing focus. When the problem occurs if I click outside of the SuperBoxSelect and then back then the problem corrects itself, but will come back after adding a few more items. Also If I use the keyboard and not the mouse to add items I don't get the problem.

  4. #184
    Ext User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2
    Vote Rating
    0
    jmiguel is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Very nice component!

    I am trying, but when I disable+hide it and then enable+show, the list of the elements changes it's width to a very small one...

    To hide/show it I use:

    field.hide();
    field.show();

    This is my implementation:

    var sbs = new Ext.ux.form.SuperBoxSelect({
    msgTarget: 'under',
    allowAddNewData: true,
    id: name,
    fieldLabel: 'test',
    emptyText: '',
    resizable: true,
    name: 'mytest',
    anchor:'90%',
    store: mystore,
    mode: 'local',
    displayField: 'name',
    valueField: 'id',
    extraItemCls: 'x-tag'
    });

    Any idea??

    Great component!
    Regards

  5. #185
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    218
    Vote Rating
    1
    abraxxa is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    That happens too when the superboxselect is inside a collapsed or hidden panel after it's expanded/shown.
    I'd need a fix for this too.

  6. #186
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    171
    Vote Rating
    0
    jarlau is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Hi Dan,
    I ran into 'this.store is null' error in onStoreLoad() when the second form creates(the first form has no problem).
    But the problem solved if I changed all 'this.store' to 'store' in the entire function. Is it ok to do such change?

    rgds,
    Jarlau

  7. #187
    Ext User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2
    Vote Rating
    0
    jmiguel is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by abraxxa View Post
    That happens too when the superboxselect is inside a collapsed or hidden panel after it's expanded/shown.
    I'd need a fix for this too.
    Solved, I removed the anchor and used a fixed width (loosing some functionality..., but it works)

    Code:
    ---anchor:'90%',
    +++width: 450,

  8. #188
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    218
    Vote Rating
    1
    abraxxa is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Doesn't fix anything here.

  9. #189
    Ext User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2
    Vote Rating
    0
    nmohler is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by rdblyth View Post
    SuperBoxSelect is giving me issues in IE7 after I added a doctype for HTML 4.01 Transitional. If the superboxselect is empty and I peform a search results come back fine and I can select them. If I perform another search after I have one item in my superboxselect the results are not displayed and my search term disappears. If I remove the doctype everything works great. The odd thing is sometime this problem occurs after having one item or two items in the superboxselect.

    Firefox works fine either way.

    Has anyone seen this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Daniel
    I have seen a similar issue using the same doctype declaration. Removing the doctype eliminates the poor behavior, but introduces even bigger problems in other areas of the app.

    I see the behavior in two scenarios:
    1) The SuperBoxSelect is populated while the SuperBoxSelect is in a scrollable container and the SuperBoxSelect is not visible.
    2) I cause the "blur" event while the SuperBoxSelect is in a scrollable container and the SuperBoxSelect is not visible. For example, scroll the SuperBoxSelect into view, click into the component, scroll so the SuperBoxSelect is not visible, and then click into open space or another component.

    In both cases, the SuperBoxSelect jumps to a different area within the scrollable container, typically overlaying another component.

    I would appreciate any help as I'm pretty stumped on this one.
    Nick

  10. #190
    Ext User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2
    Vote Rating
    0
    nmohler is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by nmohler View Post
    I have seen a similar issue using the same doctype declaration. Removing the doctype eliminates the poor behavior, but introduces even bigger problems in other areas of the app.

    I see the behavior in two scenarios:
    1) The SuperBoxSelect is populated while the SuperBoxSelect is in a scrollable container and the SuperBoxSelect is not visible.
    2) I cause the "blur" event while the SuperBoxSelect is in a scrollable container and the SuperBoxSelect is not visible. For example, scroll the SuperBoxSelect into view, click into the component, scroll so the SuperBoxSelect is not visible, and then click into open space or another component.

    In both cases, the SuperBoxSelect jumps to a different area within the scrollable container, typically overlaying another component.

    I would appreciate any help as I'm pretty stumped on this one.
    Nick
    In digging through this problem, it appears that it occurs when the SuperBoxSelect is within a container using the "Fit" layout. The problem goes away when I remove the "Fit" layout and size the container component using the height and width config options.

    I'm still digging to determine why "Fit" creates an issue...

Thread Participants: 94

  1. Animal (3 Posts)
  2. jay@moduscreate.com (1 Post)
  3. Condor (1 Post)
  4. stever (1 Post)
  5. mystix (5 Posts)
  6. MD (1 Post)
  7. JorisA (1 Post)
  8. randomY (1 Post)
  9. DigitalSkyline (1 Post)
  10. sj137 (3 Posts)
  11. boggle (1 Post)
  12. danh2000 (71 Posts)
  13. ostghost (1 Post)
  14. lossendae (1 Post)
  15. ZooKeeper (1 Post)
  16. greco (1 Post)
  17. Fredric Berling (1 Post)
  18. GraemeBryce (2 Posts)
  19. Strati (2 Posts)
  20. syscobra (2 Posts)
  21. boonkerz (4 Posts)
  22. Sesshomurai (3 Posts)
  23. shamansoft (1 Post)
  24. dorgan (2 Posts)
  25. mjhaston (1 Post)
  26. radtad (5 Posts)
  27. Joyfulbob (2 Posts)
  28. crysfel (1 Post)
  29. armandoxxx (2 Posts)
  30. jarlau (1 Post)
  31. lacco (1 Post)
  32. abraxxa (38 Posts)
  33. prometheus (1 Post)
  34. pops (1 Post)
  35. raphac (1 Post)
  36. Scorpie (2 Posts)
  37. supercharge2 (4 Posts)
  38. jmiguel (2 Posts)
  39. ash11tw (2 Posts)
  40. wojan (1 Post)
  41. ryzmen (1 Post)
  42. nmohler (2 Posts)
  43. wki01 (2 Posts)
  44. gacowarlock (1 Post)
  45. kora.kanchan (1 Post)
  46. senacle (3 Posts)
  47. genie_vn (1 Post)
  48. sergey.s (1 Post)
  49. Grolubao (10 Posts)
  50. mathec (1 Post)
  51. jackjia (1 Post)
  52. polydyne (1 Post)
  53. Antjac (1 Post)
  54. Thomas Triplet (1 Post)
  55. Gonfi (1 Post)
  56. kleins (1 Post)
  57. talha06 (1 Post)
  58. scishop (1 Post)
  59. eztam (2 Posts)
  60. frederickd (10 Posts)
  61. dusoo (2 Posts)
  62. iv_ekker (3 Posts)
  63. pym (1 Post)
  64. sudhirhv (3 Posts)
  65. lanhun (14 Posts)
  66. wcasado (1 Post)
  67. ramana_l_v (3 Posts)
  68. cq.yangyu@gmail.com (1 Post)
  69. siberian (1 Post)
  70. Tommi (4 Posts)
  71. rdblyth (2 Posts)
  72. devtig (3 Posts)
  73. markmansour (1 Post)
  74. dhiren.lodhia (1 Post)
  75. slamhan (1 Post)
  76. panter4 (1 Post)
  77. Korbin (2 Posts)
  78. istetska (1 Post)
  79. ian.young (1 Post)
  80. sebterzi (1 Post)
  81. ucoxk (1 Post)
  82. prakashr (1 Post)
  83. danilo.pederiva (1 Post)
  84. --miCZar-- (2 Posts)
  85. zozofoz (1 Post)
  86. spydercavern (1 Post)
  87. tvelykyy (1 Post)
  88. leorossi (3 Posts)
  89. revertTS (1 Post)
  90. joxzaren (1 Post)
  91. leduc (1 Post)
  92. deepthi_r (1 Post)
  93. qiankun (1 Post)
  94. Mr.Solomon (2 Posts)