Hybrid View

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Chasm is on a distinguished road

Question Unanswered: Using jQuery and Ext Core together

Unanswered: Using jQuery and Ext Core together

I have a web app that depends on jQuery (or YUI) for some functionality. I've been using the adapter. Now I'm wondering if I can use Ext Js 3 with Ext Core 3, leave off the adapter, but still include the jQuery file to run that other functionality.

Will there be conflicts if I run both jQuery and Ext Core 3 (without the jQuery adapter)?

Thanks!

Vote Rating
    Answers
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, shouldn't be any conflicts.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

out of curiosity - why?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

The web framework I am using uses jQuery (or YUI) to run a garbage collection program and has numerous built in methods for use with Comet. I want to use Ext JS for interface components. The framework will inject a script tag to the GC code that requires jQuery. For the interface, I'm happy to go with all Ext JS.

Does that answer your question?

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Ext JS and Ext Core are not the same

Ext User
    Vote Rating

I guess my response can be simplified to this:

Is Core 3 a subset of JS 3? If I use Ext JS 3 -- with or without the jQuery adapter -- will I get all the benefits of Core 3?