Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    matt4447 is on a distinguished road

Exclamation [CLOSED][3.??] data.Connection#render calls Ext.urlEncode() instead of Ext.encode()

[CLOSED][3.??] data.Connection#render calls Ext.urlEncode() instead of Ext.encode()

Hi,

I believe I've located a bug in 3.0 that causes incompatibility with ASP.NET and WCF services. I'm using the grid with an HttpProxy to send data to a .NET WCF service. After building up request params in the Connection class' request() function, the param object (var p) is replaced with an encoded version of itself.

Unfortunately, it's urlEncoded when it (in my case, at least) should be encoded only ( Ext.urlEncode() vs Ext.encode() ). The code should probably be checking to see if you're doing a POST or a GET to determine which type of encoding to do.

The current code reads:
    Code:
    p = Ext.urlEncode(me.extraParams, typeof p == 'object' ? Ext.urlEncode(p) : p);
    However, my current operation is a POST. The following code fixes my issue:
    Code:
    p = Ext.encode(p);
    However, the best solution will need to check to see if the current operation is POST or GET and then to use either of the above accordingly. A possible solution is to move the following call
    Code:
    method = o.method || me.method || ((p || o.xmlData || o.jsonData) ? POST : GET);
    to above the assignment to p and then change the assignment to p to the following code:
    Code:
    if (method == GET) 
    else 
       p = Ext.encode(p);
    Thoughts?

Thanks,

Matt Walters
    Last edited by mystix; 2 Jun 2009 at 7:34 PM. Reason: POST CODE IN [code][/code] TAGS!!!

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

What happens if you do a post to a non WCF service? Can you access the post data as per usual?

Also, what is the actual problem, what do you see as the parameters of the request in Firebug?
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Lightbulb

I haven't tried posting to a non-WCF service.

However, just to dive into the thought process - The way that WCF works is that it will auto detect the proper method to deserialize (rehydrate objects) incoming data by inspecting the content-type header. If the content type indicates xml, it will spin up an XmlSerializer class. If the content type indicates Json, it will spin up a JsonSerializer (the actual class names are different, but you get the point).

So, if I were to point this at a plain http handler, for instance, I'm sure I'd be able to inspect the items in the post. However, the formatting will definitely blow up using tools like WCF because it's assuming a format to match the content-type.

Using the current code, my post data looks like the following:

Code:
    rows=%7B%22IsSelected%22%3Atrue%2C%22Employee.NameLastCommaFirst%22%3A%22MORALES%2C%20KEN%22%2C%22Employee.PayMode.Name%22%3A%22Salaried%22%2C%22Employee.PayGroup.Name%22%3A%22IZOD%20DESIGNER%20%22%2C%22Employee.OrganizationalUnit.Name%22%3A%22IZOD%20SAN%20DIEGO%22%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E01.WorkHours%22%3A86.67%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E01.Amount%22%3A0%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E02.WorkHours%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E02.Amount%22%3A%22%22%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E03.WorkHours%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E03.Amount%22%3A%22%22%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E04.WorkHours%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E04.Amount%22%3A%22%22%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E05.WorkHours%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E05.Amount%22%3A%22%22%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E06.WorkHours%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E06.Amount%22%3A%22%22%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E07.WorkHours%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E07.Amount%22%3A%22%22%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E08.WorkHours%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E08.Amount%22%3A%22%22%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E09.WorkHours%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E09.Amount%22%3A%22%22%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E10.WorkHours%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E10.Amount%22%3A%22%22%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E11.WorkHours%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E11.Amount%22%3A%22%22%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E12.WorkHours%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E12.Amount%22%3A%22%22%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E20.WorkHours%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E20.Amount%22%3A%22%22%2C%22Employee.Deductions.D01.AmountOrPercent%22%3A%22%22%2C%22Employee.Deductions.D02.AmountOrPercent%22%3A%22%22%2C%22Employee.Deductions.D04.AmountOrPercent%22%3A%22%22%2C%22Employee.Deductions.D05.AmountOrPercent%22%3A%22%22%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E01.HourlyRate%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E01.RateFactor%22%3A1%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E02.HourlyRate%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E02.RateFactor%22%3A1%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E03.HourlyRate%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E03.RateFactor%22%3A1.5%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E04.HourlyRate%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E04.RateFactor%22%3A1%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E05.HourlyRate%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E05.RateFactor%22%3A1%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E06.HourlyRate%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E06.RateFactor%22%3A1%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E07.HourlyRate%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E07.RateFactor%22%3A1%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E08.HourlyRate%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E08.RateFactor%22%3A1%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E09.HourlyRate%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E09.RateFactor%22%3A1%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E10.HourlyRate%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E10.RateFactor%22%3A1%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E11.HourlyRate%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E11.RateFactor%22%3A1%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E12.HourlyRate%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E12.RateFactor%22%3A1%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E20.HourlyRate%22%3Anull%2C%22Employee.Earnings.E20.RateFactor%22%3A1%2C%22undefined%22%3A%22ext-record-2%22%7D&xaction=create

Here is what my post data looks like after modifying the code to properly encode instead of urlencode:

{"rows":"{\"IsSelected\":true,\"Employee.NameLastCommaFirst\":\"KITE, MOON\",\"Employee.PayMode.Name
    \":\"Hourly\",\"Employee.PayGroup.Name\":\"IZOD DESIGNER \",\"Employee.OrganizationalUnit.Name\":\"IZOD
     SAN DIEGO\",\"Employee.Earnings.E01.WorkHours\":\"\",\"Employee.Earnings.E01.Amount\":0,\"Employee.Earnings
    .E02.WorkHours\":86.6666,\"Employee.Earnings.E02.Amount\":3033.33,\"Employee.Earnings.E03.WorkHours\"
    :10,\"Employee.Earnings.E03.Amount\":825,\"Employee.Earnings.E04.WorkHours\":null,\"Employee.Earnings
    .E04.Amount\":\"\",\"Employee.Earnings.E05.WorkHours\":null,\"Employee.Earnings.E05.Amount\":\"\",\"Employee
    .Earnings.E06.WorkHours\":null,\"Employee.Earnings.E06.Amount\":\"\",\"Employee.Earnings.E07.WorkHours
    \":null,\"Employee.Earnings.E07.Amount\":\"\",\"Employee.Earnings.E08.WorkHours\":null,\"Employee.Earnings
    .E08.Amount\":\"\",\"Employee.Earnings.E09.WorkHours\":null,\"Employee.Earnings.E09.Amount\":\"\",\"Employee
    .Earnings.E10.WorkHours\":null,\"Employee.Earnings.E10.Amount\":\"\",\"Employee.Earnings.E11.WorkHours
    \":null,\"Employee.Earnings.E11.Amount\":\"\",\"Employee.Earnings.E12.WorkHours\":null,\"Employee.Earnings
    .E12.Amount\":\"\",\"Employee.Earnings.E20.WorkHours\":null,\"Employee.Earnings.E20.Amount\":\"\",\"Employee
    .Deductions.D01.AmountOrPercent\":0,\"Employee.Deductions.D02.AmountOrPercent\":\"\",\"Employee.Deductions
    .D04.AmountOrPercent\":\"\",\"Employee.Deductions.D05.AmountOrPercent\":\"\",\"Employee.Earnings.E01
    .HourlyRate\":null,\"Employee.Earnings.E01.RateFactor\":1,\"Employee.Earnings.E02.HourlyRate\":35,\"Employee
    .Earnings.E02.RateFactor\":1,\"Employee.Earnings.E03.HourlyRate\":55,\"Employee.Earnings.E03.RateFactor
    \":1.5,\"Employee.Earnings.E04.HourlyRate\":null,\"Employee.Earnings.E04.RateFactor\":1,\"Employee.Earnings
    .E05.HourlyRate\":null,\"Employee.Earnings.E05.RateFactor\":1,\"Employee.Earnings.E06.HourlyRate\":null
    ,\"Employee.Earnings.E06.RateFactor\":1,\"Employee.Earnings.E07.HourlyRate\":null,\"Employee.Earnings
    .E07.RateFactor\":1,\"Employee.Earnings.E08.HourlyRate\":null,\"Employee.Earnings.E08.RateFactor\":1
    ,\"Employee.Earnings.E09.HourlyRate\":null,\"Employee.Earnings.E09.RateFactor\":1,\"Employee.Earnings
    .E10.HourlyRate\":null,\"Employee.Earnings.E10.RateFactor\":1,\"Employee.Earnings.E11.HourlyRate\":null
    ,\"Employee.Earnings.E11.RateFactor\":1,\"Employee.Earnings.E12.HourlyRate\":null,\"Employee.Earnings
    .E12.RateFactor\":1,\"Employee.Earnings.E20.HourlyRate\":null,\"Employee.Earnings.E20.RateFactor\":1
    ,\"undefined\":\"ext-record-1\"}","xaction":"create"}
    The former is urlEncoded, which doesn't seem to make sense for post data. The latter is well formed json.

Thanks,

Matt Walters
    Last edited by evant; 2 Jun 2009 at 9:40 AM. Reason: Please use [code][/code] tags.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Lightbulb

Here is my modified version of the request() method on the Ext.data.Connection class that seems to fix the issue:

Code:
    request: function(o) {
                var me = this;
                if (me.fireEvent(BEFOREREQUEST, me, o)) {
                    if (o.el) {
                        if (!Ext.isEmpty(o.indicatorText)) {
                            me.indicatorText = '<div class="loading-indicator">' + o.indicatorText + "</div>";
                        }
                        if (me.indicatorText) {
                            Ext.getDom(o.el).innerHTML = me.indicatorText;
                        }
                        o.success = (Ext.isFunction(o.success) ? o.success : function() { }).createInterceptor(function(response) {
                            Ext.getDom(o.el).innerHTML = response.responseText;
                        });
                    }

var p = o.params,
                        url = o.url || me.url,
                        method,
                        cb = { success: handleResponse,
                            failure: handleFailure,
                            scope: me,
                            argument: { options: o },
                            timeout: o.timeout || me.timeout
                        },
                        form,
                        serForm;

if (Ext.isFunction(p)) {
                        p = p.call(o.scope || WINDOW, o);
                    }

method = o.method || me.method || ((p || o.xmlData || o.jsonData) ? POST : GET);

if (method == GET)
                    else
                        p = Ext.encode(p);

if (Ext.isFunction(url)) {
                        url = url.call(o.scope || WINDOW, o);
                    }

if (form = Ext.getDom(o.form)) {
                        url = url || form.action;
                        if (o.isUpload || /multipart\/form-data/i.test(form.getAttribute("enctype"))) {
                            return doFormUpload.call(me, o, p, url);
                        }
                        serForm = Ext.lib.Ajax.serializeForm(form);
                        p = p ? (p + '&' + serForm) : serForm;
                    }

// method = o.method || me.method || ((p || o.xmlData || o.jsonData) ? POST : GET);

if (method == GET && (me.disableCaching || o.disableCaching !== false)) {// || o.disableCaching === true){
                        var dcp = o.disableCachingParam || me.disableCachingParam;
                        url += (url.indexOf('?') != -1 ? '&' : '?') + dcp + '=' + (new Date().getTime());
                    }

o.headers = Ext.apply(o.headers || {}, me.defaultHeaders || {});

if (o.autoAbort === true || me.autoAbort) {
                        me.abort();
                    }

if ((method == GET || o.xmlData || o.jsonData) && p) {
                        url += (/\?/.test(url) ? '&' : '?') + p;
                        p = '';
                    }

return me.transId = Ext.lib.Ajax.request(method, url, cb, p, o);
                } else {
                    return o.callback ? o.callback.apply(o.scope, [o, UNDEFINED, UNDEFINED]) : null;
                }
            },
    Last edited by evant; 2 Jun 2009 at 9:40 AM. Reason: Please use [code][/code] tags.

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

That code might work well with WCF, however we'll need to look at it further to see if it affects anything else.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Smile

Sounds good to me. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Matt Walters

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Question

Hi Evan,

After some additional testing, it looks like the encode function is spitting out mal-formed json. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but if you look at the json in the post above, you'll notice that the rows object is getting translated to the following:
    Code:
    {"rows":"{\"IsSelected\":true,\"Employee.NameLastC...
    The important part is the beginning of the rows instance. The { brace there
    is being led by quotation marks. It's missing a [ to mark the beginning of
    the array, and it's using \'s to escape quotes because it thinks the entire
    body is a string.

This is all data coming from my grid's DataStore.
    What I would have expected is the following:
    Code:
    {"rows": [{ "IsSelected":true,\"Employee.NameLastC...
    Here is the code I'm using to create my grid. Please let me know if you see something that might cause the issue.

Code:
    Ext.onReady(function() {
        var fm = Ext.form;
        Ext.QuickTips.init();
        var xg = Ext.grid;

// define a custom summary function
        Ext.grid.Summary.Calculations['selectedSum'] = function(v, record, field) {
            if (record.get('selected')) {
                v += parseFloat('0' + record.get(field));
            }
            return v;
        }

var selectionModel = new WF.SelectionModel();
        var arrowContextMenuRowModel = new WF.ArrowContextMenuRowModel();

var columnModel = [
        selectionModel, arrowContextMenuRowModel, {
            header: 'Employee.PayMode.Name',
            width: 120,
            sortable: true,
            dataIndex: 'Employee.PayMode.Name'
        },
        {
            header: 'Employee.PayGroup.Name',
            dataIndex: 'Employee.PayGroup.Name'
        },
        {
            header: 'Employee.OrganizationalUnit.Name',
            dataIndex: 'Employee.OrganizationalUnit.Name'
        },
        {
            align: 'right',
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.WorkHours',
            editor: new fm.NumberField({
                allowBlank: true,
                allowNegative: false
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.WorkHours',
            menuDisabled: true,
            summaryType: 'selectedSum',
            width: 120
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.Amount',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.Amount',
            renderer: WF.util.Format.usMoneyNull,
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.WorkHours',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.WorkHours',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.Amount',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.Amount',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.WorkHours',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.WorkHours',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.Amount',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.Amount',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.WorkHours',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.WorkHours',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.Amount',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.Amount',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.WorkHours',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.WorkHours',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.Amount',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.Amount',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.WorkHours',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.WorkHours',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.Amount',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.Amount',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.WorkHours',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.WorkHours',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.Amount',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.Amount',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.WorkHours',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.WorkHours',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.Amount',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.Amount',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.WorkHours',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.WorkHours',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.Amount',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.Amount',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.WorkHours',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.WorkHours',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.Amount',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.Amount',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.WorkHours',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.WorkHours',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.Amount',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.Amount',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.WorkHours',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.WorkHours',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.Amount',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.Amount',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.WorkHours',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.WorkHours',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.Amount',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.Amount',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Deductions.D01.AmountOrPercent',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Deductions.D01.AmountOrPercent',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Deductions.D02.AmountOrPercent',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Deductions.D02.AmountOrPercent',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Deductions.D04.AmountOrPercent',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Deductions.D04.AmountOrPercent',
        },
        {
            dataIndex: 'Employee.Deductions.D05.AmountOrPercent',
            }),
            header: 'Employee.Deductions.D05.AmountOrPercent',
        }];
        var data = {
            "results": 3,
            "rows": [{
                "IsSelected": true,
                "CalendarItemId": 1344,
                "Employee": {
                    "NameLastCommaFirst": "KITE, MOON",
                    "OrganizationalUnit": {
                        "Name": "IZOD SAN DIEGO",
                        "ID": 37
                    },
                    "PayGroup": {
                        "Name": "IZOD DESIGNER ",
                        "ID": 76
                    },
                    "PayMode": {
                        "Name": "Hourly",
                        "ID": 0
                    },
                    "Earnings": {
                        "E01": {
                            "EarningCode": {
                                "Code": "E01",
                                "Name": "Salary",
                                "ID": 235
                            },
                            "PayPeriodAmount": null,
                            "PieceWorkAmount": null,
                            "RateFactor": 1,
                            "ShiftPremiumAmount": null,
                            "STELocationCode": null,
                            "STEMunicipalityCode": null,
                            "STESchoolCode": null,
                            "TimeEntryId": 0,
                            "Amount": null,
                            "HourlyRate": null,
                            "WorkHours": null,
                            "EmployeeHasEarningOrDeduction": false,
                        },
                        "E02": {
                                "Code": "E02",
                                "Name": "Regular",
                                "ID": 234
                            },
                            "PayPeriodAmount": 3033.33,
                            "PieceWorkAmount": 0.00,
                            "TimeEntryId": 6082,
                            "Amount": 3033.33,
                            "HourlyRate": 35.000000,
                            "WorkHours": 86.6666,
                            "EmployeeHasEarningOrDeduction": true,
                        },
                        "E03": {
                                "Code": "E03",
                                "Name": "Overtime",
                                "ID": 233
                            },
                            "PayPeriodAmount": 825.00,
                            "RateFactor": 1.500000,
                            "TimeEntryId": 6081,
                            "Amount": 825.00,
                            "HourlyRate": 55.000000,
                            "WorkHours": 10.0000,
                        },
                        "E04": {
                                "Code": "E04",
                                "Name": "Vacation",
                                "ID": 232
                            },
                        },
                        "E05": {
                                "Code": "E05",
                                "Name": "Sick",
                                "ID": 231
                            },
                        },
                        "E06": {
                                "Code": "E06",
                                "Name": "Holiday",
                                "ID": 230
                            },
                        },
                        "E07": {
                                "Code": "E07",
                                "Name": "Bonus",
                                "ID": 229
                            },
                        },
                        "E08": {
                                "Code": "E08",
                                "Name": "Commission",
                                "ID": 228
                            },
                        },
                        "E09": {
                                "Code": "E09",
                                "Name": "Other",
                                "ID": 227
                            },
                        },
                        "E10": {
                                "Code": "E10",
                                "Name": "Retro Pay",
                                "ID": 226
                            },
                        },
                        "E11": {
                                "Code": "E11",
                                "Name": "Funeral",
                                "ID": 225
                            },
                        },
                        "E12": {
                                "Code": "E12",
                                "Name": "1099",
                                "ID": 224
                            },
                        },
                        "E20": {
                                "Code": "E20",
                                "Name": "Reimb",
                                "ID": 223
                            },
                        }
                    },
                    "Deductions": {
                        "D01": {
                            "AmountOrPercent": 0.00,
                            "DeductionCode": {
                                "Code": "D01",
                                "Name": "Misc Ded",
                                "ID": 256
                            },
                            "IsPercent": true,
                        },
                        "D02": {
                            "AmountOrPercent": null,
                                "Code": "D02",
                                "Name": "Advance",
                                "ID": 255
                            },
                            "IsPercent": false,
                        },
                        "D04": {
                                "Code": "D04",
                                "Name": "Child Support",
                                "ID": 254
                            },
                        },
                        "D05": {
                                "Code": "D05",
                                "Name": "Post Tax Med",
                                "ID": 253
                            },
                        }
                    },
                    "ID": 651
                },
                "LaborDistributionCodeId": 54,
                "PayrollTypeId": 1,
            },
            {
                    "NameLastCommaFirst": "MORALES, KEN",
                    },
                    },
                        "Name": "Salaried",
                    },
                            },
                            "PayPeriodAmount": 3537.50,
                            "TimeEntryId": 6080,
                            "Amount": 3537.50,
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        }
                    },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        }
                    },
                    "ID": 558
                },
            },
            {
                    "NameLastCommaFirst": "SANDHU, EARTH",
                    },
                    },
                        "Name": "Hourly",
                    },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                            "PayPeriodAmount": 7106.66,
                            "TimeEntryId": 6079,
                            "Amount": 7106.66,
                            "HourlyRate": 82.000000,
                        },
                            },
                            "PayPeriodAmount": 150.00,
                            "TimeEntryId": 6078,
                            "Amount": 150.00,
                            "HourlyRate": 20.000000,
                            "WorkHours": 5.0000,
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        }
                    },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        },
                            },
                        }
                    },
                    "ID": 567
                },
            }]
        };

var calcRecord = WF.data.CalcRecord.create([{
            name: 'selected',
            mapping: 'IsSelected'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.NameLastCommaFirst',
            mapping: 'Employee.NameLastCommaFirst'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.PayMode.Name',
            mapping: 'Employee.PayMode.Name'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.PayGroup.Name',
            mapping: 'Employee.PayGroup.Name'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.OrganizationalUnit.Name',
            mapping: 'Employee.OrganizationalUnit.Name'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.WorkHours',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.WorkHours',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E01.Amount'],
            calc: function() {
                return null;
            },
            recurseCalcs: false
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.Amount',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.Amount',
            type: 'float',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E01.WorkHours'],
            calc: function(record) {
                return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E01.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E01.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E01.RateFactor');
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.WorkHours',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.WorkHours',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E02.Amount'],
                return null;
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.Amount',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.Amount',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E02.WorkHours'],
                return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E02.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E02.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E02.RateFactor');
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.WorkHours',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.WorkHours',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E03.Amount'],
                return null;
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.Amount',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.Amount',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E03.WorkHours'],
                return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E03.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E03.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E03.RateFactor');
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.WorkHours',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.WorkHours',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E04.Amount'],
                return null;
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.Amount',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.Amount',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E04.WorkHours'],
                return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E04.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E04.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E04.RateFactor');
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.WorkHours',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.WorkHours',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E05.Amount'],
                return null;
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.Amount',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.Amount',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E05.WorkHours'],
                return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E05.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E05.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E05.RateFactor');
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.WorkHours',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.WorkHours',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E06.Amount'],
                return null;
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.Amount',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.Amount',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E06.WorkHours'],
                return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E06.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E06.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E06.RateFactor');
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.WorkHours',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.WorkHours',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E07.Amount'],
                return null;
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.Amount',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.Amount',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E07.WorkHours'],
                return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E07.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E07.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E07.RateFactor');
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.WorkHours',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.WorkHours',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E08.Amount'],
                return null;
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.Amount',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.Amount',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E08.WorkHours'],
                return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E08.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E08.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E08.RateFactor');
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.WorkHours',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.WorkHours',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E09.Amount'],
                return null;
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.Amount',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.Amount',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E09.WorkHours'],
                return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E09.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E09.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E09.RateFactor');
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.WorkHours',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.WorkHours',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E10.Amount'],
                return null;
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.Amount',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.Amount',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E10.WorkHours'],
                return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E10.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E10.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E10.RateFactor');
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.WorkHours',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.WorkHours',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E11.Amount'],
                return null;
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.Amount',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.Amount',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E11.WorkHours'],
                return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E11.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E11.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E11.RateFactor');
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.WorkHours',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.WorkHours',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E12.Amount'],
                return null;
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.Amount',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.Amount',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E12.WorkHours'],
                return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E12.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E12.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E12.RateFactor');
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.WorkHours',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.WorkHours',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E20.Amount'],
                return null;
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.Amount',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.Amount',
            dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E20.WorkHours'],
                return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E20.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E20.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E20.RateFactor');
            },
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Deductions.D01.AmountOrPercent',
            mapping: 'Employee.Deductions.D01.AmountOrPercent',
            type: 'float'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Deductions.D02.AmountOrPercent',
            mapping: 'Employee.Deductions.D02.AmountOrPercent',
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Deductions.D04.AmountOrPercent',
            mapping: 'Employee.Deductions.D04.AmountOrPercent',
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Deductions.D05.AmountOrPercent',
            mapping: 'Employee.Deductions.D05.AmountOrPercent',
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.HourlyRate',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.HourlyRate'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.RateFactor',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.RateFactor'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.HourlyRate',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.HourlyRate'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.RateFactor',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.RateFactor'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.HourlyRate',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.HourlyRate'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.RateFactor',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.RateFactor'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.HourlyRate',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.HourlyRate'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.RateFactor',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.RateFactor'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.HourlyRate',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.HourlyRate'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.RateFactor',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.RateFactor'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.HourlyRate',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.HourlyRate'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.RateFactor',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.RateFactor'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.HourlyRate',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.HourlyRate'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.RateFactor',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.RateFactor'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.HourlyRate',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.HourlyRate'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.RateFactor',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.RateFactor'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.HourlyRate',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.HourlyRate'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.RateFactor',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.RateFactor'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.HourlyRate',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.HourlyRate'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.RateFactor',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.RateFactor'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.HourlyRate',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.HourlyRate'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.RateFactor',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.RateFactor'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.HourlyRate',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.HourlyRate'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.RateFactor',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.RateFactor'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.HourlyRate',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.HourlyRate'
        },
        {
            name: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.RateFactor',
            mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.RateFactor'
        }], {
            initialCalc: false
        });

var reader = new Ext.data.JsonReader({
            totalProperty: "results",
            // The property which contains the total dataset size (optional)
            root: "rows" //,                         // The property which contains an Array of row objects
            //id: "ID" // The property within each row object that provides an ID for the record (optional)
        },
        calcRecord);

var writer = new Ext.data.JsonWriter({
            returnJson: true,
            writeAllFields: true
        });

var view = new WF.EventingView({
            forceFit: false,
            selectedRowClass: '',
            groupTextTpl: '{text} ({[values.rs.length]} {[values.rs.length > 1 ? "Items" : "Item"]})'
        });

var summary = new Ext.grid.GroupSummary();

Ext.lib.Ajax.defaultPostHeader = null;
        jQuery.ajaxSettings.contentType = 'application/json';

/* Custom Data Store */
        Ext.namespace('WF.WCFStore');
        WF.WCFStore.memberProxy = new Ext.data.HttpProxy({
            //headers: { 'Content-Type': 'application/json' },
            prettyUrls: false,
            api: {
                //load: 'EnterPayData.svc/Load',
                create: 'EnterPayData.svc/Add',
                save: 'EnterPayData.svc/Save' //,
                //destroy: 'EnterPayData.svc/Delete'
            }
        });

WF.WCFStore.dataStore = new Ext.data.GroupingStore({
            batchSave: false,
            data: data,
            groupField: 'Employee.PayGroup.Name',
            paramsAsHash: true,
            proxy: WF.WCFStore.memberProxy,
            reader: reader,
            sortInfo: {
                field: 'Employee.NameLastCommaFirst',
                direction: "ASC"
            },
            storeId: 'WCFStore',
            writer: writer
        });

/* End Custom Data Store */

var browserWidth = Ext.lib.Dom.getViewWidth();

var grid = new xg.EditorGridPanel({
            store: WF.WCFStore.dataStore,
            sm: selectionModel,
            columns: columnModel,
            view: view,
            frame: true,
            width: browserWidth - 50,
            height: 450,
            iconCls: 'icon-grid',
            renderTo: 'ctl00_center_EnterEmployeePayrollDataUserControl1_ctl01',
            plugins: [summary, new Ext.grid.GridSummary()],
            clicksToEdit: 1
        });

var eventsSet = false;
        $('.dropArrow').live('mouseover',
        function() {
            $(this).next('.menudiv').animate({
                opacity: 'show',
                left: this.offsetLeft + 20
            },
            'fast');

if (!eventsSet) {
                $('.menudiv').bind('mouseleave',
                function(event) { // 'mouseout' or 'mouseleave'?
                    $(this).animate({
                        opacity: 'hide'
                    },
                    'fast');
                });
                eventsSet = true;
            }
        });

Ext.grid.CheckColumn = function(config) {
            Ext.apply(this, config);
            if (!this.id) {
                this.id = Ext.id();
            }
            this.renderer = this.renderer.createDelegate(this);
        };

Ext.grid.CheckColumn.prototype = {
            init: function(grid) {
                this.grid = grid;
                this.grid.on('render',
                function() {
                    var view = this.grid.getView();
                    view.mainBody.on('mousedown', this.onMouseDown, this);
                },
                this);
            },
            onMouseDown: function(e, t) {
                if (t.className && t.className.indexOf('x-grid3-cc-' + this.id) != -1) {
                    e.stopEvent();
                    var index = this.grid.getView().findRowIndex(t);
                    var record = this.grid.store.getAt(index);
                    record.set(this.dataIndex, !record.data[this.dataIndex]);
                }
            },
            renderer: function(v, p, record) {
                p.css += ' x-grid3-check-col-td';
                return '<div class="x-grid3-check-col' + (v ? '-on': '') + ' x-grid3-cc-' + this.id + '">&#160;</div>';
            }
        };
    });

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Exclamation

Hmmm. The more I look at my json, the more off it looks.

I would have expected the following:

Code:
    {"IsSelected":true,"Employee.NameLastCommaFirst":"KITE, MOON",
    to look more like:

Code:
    {"IsSelected":true, "Employee" : { "NameLastCommaFirst":"KITE, MOON",
    It looks like my JsonWriter may not be converting my data back to json correctly.

I don't think there is anything special about my JsonWriter or record def that would prompt irregular behavior.

Code:
    /// <reference path="jquery-1.3.2-vsdoc.js" />
    /// <reference path="ext-all-debug.js" />
    Ext.namespace('WF');
    Ext.namespace('WF.data');

WF.data.CalcRecord = function(data, id) {
        WF.data.CalcRecord.superclass.constructor.call(this, data, id);
        if (this.initialCalc) {
            this.calcFields();
        }
    }
    WF.data.CalcRecord.create = function(o, s) {
        var f = Ext.extend(WF.data.CalcRecord, {});
        f.preventFallThrough = false;
        f.initialCalc = s.initialCalc;
        var p = f.prototype;
        p.fields = new Ext.util.MixedCollection(false,
        function(field) {
            return field.name;
        });
        for (var i = 0, len = o.length; i < len; i++) {
            p.fields.add(new Ext.data.Field(o[i]));
        }
        f.getField = function(name) {
            return p.fields.get(name);
        };
        return f;
    };
    Ext.extend(WF.data.CalcRecord, Ext.data.Record, {
        set: function(name, value) {
            if (String(this.data[name]) == String(value)) {
                return;
            }
            this.dirty = true;
            if (!this.modified) {
                this.modified = {};
            }
            if (typeof this.modified[name] == 'undefined') {
                this.modified[name] = this.data[name];
            }
            this.data[name] = value;
            if (!this.preventFallThrough) {
                this.calcFields(name);
            }
            if (!this.editing && this.store) {
                this.store.afterEdit(this);
            }
        },
        calcFields: function(name) {
            this.fields.each(function(field) {
                if ((field.name != name) && (typeof field.calc == 'function') && (!name || (!field.dependencies || field.dependencies.indexOf(name) != -1))) {
                    var value = field.calc(this);
                    if (!name || field.notDirty) {
                        this.data[field.name] = value;
                    } else {
                        this.preventFallThrough = !field.recurseCalcs;
                        this.set(field.name, value);
                        this.preventFallThrough = false;
                    }
                }
            },
            this);
        }
    });

var writer = new Ext.data.JsonWriter({
        returnJson: true,
        writeAllFields: true
    });

var calcRecord = WF.data.CalcRecord.create([{
        name: 'selected',
        mapping: 'IsSelected'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.NameLastCommaFirst',
        mapping: 'Employee.NameLastCommaFirst'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.PayMode.Name',
        mapping: 'Employee.PayMode.Name'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.PayGroup.Name',
        mapping: 'Employee.PayGroup.Name'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.OrganizationalUnit.Name',
        mapping: 'Employee.OrganizationalUnit.Name'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.WorkHours',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.WorkHours',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E01.Amount'],
            return null;
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.Amount',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.Amount',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E01.WorkHours'],
            return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E01.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E01.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E01.RateFactor');
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.WorkHours',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.WorkHours',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E02.Amount'],
            return null;
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.Amount',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.Amount',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E02.WorkHours'],
            return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E02.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E02.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E02.RateFactor');
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.WorkHours',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.WorkHours',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E03.Amount'],
            return null;
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.Amount',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.Amount',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E03.WorkHours'],
            return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E03.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E03.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E03.RateFactor');
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.WorkHours',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.WorkHours',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E04.Amount'],
            return null;
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.Amount',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.Amount',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E04.WorkHours'],
            return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E04.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E04.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E04.RateFactor');
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.WorkHours',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.WorkHours',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E05.Amount'],
            return null;
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.Amount',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.Amount',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E05.WorkHours'],
            return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E05.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E05.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E05.RateFactor');
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.WorkHours',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.WorkHours',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E06.Amount'],
            return null;
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.Amount',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.Amount',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E06.WorkHours'],
            return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E06.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E06.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E06.RateFactor');
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.WorkHours',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.WorkHours',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E07.Amount'],
            return null;
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.Amount',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.Amount',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E07.WorkHours'],
            return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E07.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E07.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E07.RateFactor');
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.WorkHours',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.WorkHours',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E08.Amount'],
            return null;
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.Amount',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.Amount',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E08.WorkHours'],
            return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E08.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E08.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E08.RateFactor');
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.WorkHours',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.WorkHours',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E09.Amount'],
            return null;
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.Amount',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.Amount',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E09.WorkHours'],
            return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E09.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E09.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E09.RateFactor');
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.WorkHours',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.WorkHours',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E10.Amount'],
            return null;
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.Amount',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.Amount',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E10.WorkHours'],
            return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E10.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E10.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E10.RateFactor');
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.WorkHours',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.WorkHours',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E11.Amount'],
            return null;
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.Amount',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.Amount',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E11.WorkHours'],
            return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E11.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E11.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E11.RateFactor');
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.WorkHours',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.WorkHours',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E12.Amount'],
            return null;
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.Amount',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.Amount',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E12.WorkHours'],
            return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E12.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E12.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E12.RateFactor');
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.WorkHours',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.WorkHours',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E20.Amount'],
            return null;
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.Amount',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.Amount',
        dependencies: ['Employee.Earnings.E20.WorkHours'],
            return record.get('Employee.Earnings.E20.WorkHours') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E20.HourlyRate') * record.get('Employee.Earnings.E20.RateFactor');
        },
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Deductions.D01.AmountOrPercent',
        mapping: 'Employee.Deductions.D01.AmountOrPercent',
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Deductions.D02.AmountOrPercent',
        mapping: 'Employee.Deductions.D02.AmountOrPercent',
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Deductions.D04.AmountOrPercent',
        mapping: 'Employee.Deductions.D04.AmountOrPercent',
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Deductions.D05.AmountOrPercent',
        mapping: 'Employee.Deductions.D05.AmountOrPercent',
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.HourlyRate',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.HourlyRate'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.RateFactor',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E01.RateFactor'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.HourlyRate',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.HourlyRate'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.RateFactor',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E02.RateFactor'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.HourlyRate',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.HourlyRate'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.RateFactor',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E03.RateFactor'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.HourlyRate',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.HourlyRate'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.RateFactor',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E04.RateFactor'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.HourlyRate',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.HourlyRate'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.RateFactor',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E05.RateFactor'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.HourlyRate',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.HourlyRate'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.RateFactor',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E06.RateFactor'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.HourlyRate',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.HourlyRate'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.RateFactor',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E07.RateFactor'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.HourlyRate',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.HourlyRate'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.RateFactor',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E08.RateFactor'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.HourlyRate',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.HourlyRate'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.RateFactor',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E09.RateFactor'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.HourlyRate',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.HourlyRate'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.RateFactor',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E10.RateFactor'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.HourlyRate',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.HourlyRate'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.RateFactor',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E11.RateFactor'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.HourlyRate',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.HourlyRate'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.RateFactor',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E12.RateFactor'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.HourlyRate',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.HourlyRate'
    },
    {
        name: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.RateFactor',
        mapping: 'Employee.Earnings.E20.RateFactor'
    }], {
        initialCalc: false
    });
    Is it expected behavior to get a post body with a string representation of your records?

In short, is the JsonWriter expected to simply save in the format that your column model represents or in the original format of your data model that the record helped to map from? I would have thought the original, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Matt Walters

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Exclamation

Alright, I know I'm turning into a posting machine *but* I believe I've located the crux of the problem.

It appears that JsonWriter doesn't properly restructure data back to the original format of the data store. It stays in the internally mapped structure, as it calls the DataWriter's toHash() function which doesn't seem to rebuild a structured object.

Code:
    toHash : function(rec) {
        var map = rec.fields.map;
        var data = {};
        var raw = (this.writeAllFields === false && rec.phantom === false) ? rec.getChanges() : rec.data;
        for (var k in raw) {
            data[(map[k].mapping) ? map[k].mapping : map[k].name] = raw[k];
        }
        data[this.meta.idProperty] = rec.id;
        return data;
    }
    Shouldn't JsonWriter have a toHash() implementation that takes items with mapping strings such as "Employee.Name" and puts them in an object similar to { "Employee" : { "Name" : "Matt" } }, instead of { "Employee.Name" : "Matt" } ?

Thanks,

Matt Walters