Ext User
    Vote Rating
    acabler is on a distinguished road

Question Load Mask not working

Load Mask not working

Hello,
    I have a viewport with a couple of tabs. When the second tab is clicked and the contents are rendered, it takes several seconds, so I would like to show a loading message. I have tried both MessageBox.wait and mask/unmask, but nothing has any effect. I have tried masking both the top level container and the tab panel, but nothing seems to work. Currently, my code is trying to mask the tab panel on render of the second tab and unmask onAfterLayout. My print messages are appearing at the right times, but no mask.

Any ideas?

adam

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Sorry - just realized that this is in the wrong forum. Can it be moved, or should I start another in the GXT 2.0 forum?

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    keithshep is on a distinguished road

I am guessing that your issue is probably related to this bug which has been fixed in trunk: http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70130

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for the help! It does seem to be related, so I'll just wait for the next release.

For anyone else who is having this issue - I hacked around this by catching the tab select change by adding a beforeselect listener, canceling it, posting my messagebox, then programatically selecting the same tab in a deferred event. I only do this the first time since I only want to show the wait while the other tab is being rendered. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure how I would solve this if I weren't using tabs.

Also, thanks to the devs. This is shaping up very nice for a 2.0 release.

adam

Thread Participants: 2