Ext User
    Vote Rating
    zheng.lei is on a distinguished road

Default TomatoCart online shopping cart solution with ExtJS administration site

TomatoCart online shopping cart solution with ExtJS administration site

We are building an online shopping system TomatoCart (http://www.tomatocart.com) with ExtJS. This system is based on osCommerce 3. We completely rewrite osCommerce 3 administration panel based on web desktop qwikioffice in order to offer store owner better usability.

We have published our first alpha release TomatoCart v1.0 alpha1, TomatoCart is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL). We have tested the system with Firefox and IE7 and we are quite satisfied with the performance and user experience. Hereby, we want to give many thanks to ExtJS team and qWikioffice to offer us such an excellent thing.

Below is the administration panel link:
    http://www.tomatocart.com/demo/admin

Username = admin
    Password = admin

Any feedback is welcome to help us improve the system. Thanks.

Best regards,
    Lei Zheng

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Best of luck. I've used OS Commerce and really think its life is nearing an end.

If you really want to gain more steam, you can look at Magento, which is much more robust than osCommerce will probably ever be.

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Ugh, another "Desktop" application. good luck.

Vote Rating
    bt_bruno will become famous soon enough

nice logo (: The apps are really usefull but I just think that the interface is too "futuristic" for the purpose. Maybe something more neutral (as your site) would look better. Anyway, congratulations dude, the project is great.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Many thanks for the feedback.

Actually we really did some investigation before we start our project. We have the same feel that osCommerce 2 is nearing an end, therefore we have to decide whether to choose another open source solution or develop our own solution.

Our solution is implemented based on osCommerce 3.0 Alpha 4 instead of the old osCommerce 2. osCommerce Team rewrite the completely solution with new object-oriented framework and did lots of improvement comparing to old architecture.

We have several reasons why we choose osCommerce 3 instead of magneto:
    • osCommerce 3 is implemented based on a light weight framework and it has better performance than magento. Using ExtJS for osCommerce administration panel will not have big influence on system performance.
    • Magneto is a high-end solution. It’s architecture is quite sophisticated and it is quite difficult to implement ExtJS
    • The deployment and web hosting cost for magneto is much higher than osCommerce. osCommerce can be run on any web hosting with PHP + MySQL preinstalled, while magneto need a optimized server.
    • Magneto is a professional solution. For many customers it is difficult to use.
    • osCommerce still have a large number of live stores. It is easier for these existing stores to update to osCommerce 3
    • osCommerce has most available number of contributions and modifications, migrate these existing contributions to osCommerce 3 is easier
    We are eager to make TomatoCart one of the best shopping cart solutions. Within this alpha release, we not only rewrite the complete administration panel with “Web Desktop” but also build mange features such as: quantity and price management for products with attributes, quantity discount for products and customer groups, SEO URLs and Meta tags, web analytics project Piwik integration and much more. We have a dedicated team for TomatoCart and we will publish another release with more features soon.

Vote Rating

Good luck. I spent time supporrting osCommmerce, zencart, xcart and magento. That's why i suggested it.

The Ext App looks good. Hope you guys make lots of sales.

Btw, if you're touting a product that you plan on *selling* with the bundled Ext JS, be sure to talk to licensing@extjs.com ! I noticed you're not a 'premium' member, so I don't know if you have a license or not.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

I am sorry to mention it, TomatoCart is licensed under the terms of the Open Source GPL 3.0 license. Therefore it is completely an open source product.

The source is available through our website www.tomatocart.com.

Vote Rating

Awesome!! that's great to hear.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Yeah! We are working with open source solutions for quite a long time and we will do our best to make an excellent open source solution. We want to make a light weight solution which can be installed on any web hosting. Meanwhile this solution also gives store owners great user experience and usability.

We come here in order to gain more attention to make this product known to the open source world. And we also want to get more help to help us improve it.

Vote Rating
    trasherdk is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Cool app.

Cool app.

I've just downloaded and installed TomatoCart. No sweat, that was rather easy.

http://webshop.trader-internet.com/

I really like that "Desktop" look. I'd like to use that for my own stuff. Anyway,
    good job, and good luck.

Mogens