Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Dustin Graham is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Yes, there are more people asking for this...

PagingStore isn't capable of doing this, so it would require extra coding on your part (you need to add the extra loaded data to the internal allData MixedCollection).
    First off: Condor, thanks for this awesome thread. :-)

So... While the paging example uses the forums and has 280,000+ results, they obviously should not all be sent to the client. So, remote paging is good.

But, I am wondering since this plugin is for a PagingStore... doesn't that mean that all the data is local?

So, in my case I have 10,000+ company records. I simply send all the records on the load() call and it results in a file that is ~500kb when zipped.

This data then resides in the datastore which I use across various forms and grids. I added the paging store so that the grid with the bufferview and pagingtoolbar shows only 250 records at a time.

It scrolls very fast, and paging is instant. I can click next/prev/last/first and near instantly I have my next set of 250 records in the grid.

My question: Is this the right way? I believe I will be expanding the number of variables in the data record as well as increase the number of company records, so my data will continue to grow. But, it seems like perhaps a one shot send at application load is the way to go. Maybe it takes 30 seconds or a minute to download 1Mb or 2Mb of data, but then it can be accessed rapidly using the PagingStore. Will that work?

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

PagingStore loads all the data into memory. This means that it shouldn't be used when there is a lot of data, especially on old javascript engines (IE6/7). For big datasets, remote paging is the way to go.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    tomcheng76 is on a distinguished road

great plugin, thanks.

Should this.allData/this.snapshot use insert (same as this.data) instead of addAll in the insert function?

As insert function is supplying an index argument and addAll just push them into the end of the array. Thanks!

Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by tomcheng76 View Post
    great plugin, thanks.

Should this.allData/this.snapshot use insert (same as this.data) instead of addAll in the insert function?

As insert function is supplying an index argument and addAll just push them into the end of the array. Thanks!
    There is a discussion about this in a different thread. The problem is that the snapshot can contain a lot more data and the insert position is probably not the same.
    I finally ended up just adding all the records, but I also proposed a solution where the records would be added after the record at the specified position.

ps. I agree with you on allData. There the index can be determined correctly (index = start + index).

Ext User
    Vote Rating

There is a discussion about this in a different thread. The problem is that the snapshot can contain a lot more data and the insert position is probably not the same.
    I finally ended up just adding all the records, but I also proposed a solution where the records would be added after the record at the specified position.

ps. I agree with you on allData. There the index can be determined correctly (index = start + index).
    Would u mind pointing me to that thread?

Once more question. What is the usage of this.snapshot? Thanks in advance.

Vote Rating

This is one of the threads I was talking about.

In a standard store the 'snapshot' contains all records and 'data' contains the filtered records.

In a PagingStore, 'snapshot' will contain all records, 'allData' contains the filtered records and 'data' contains the filtered and paged records.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

This is one of the threads I was talking about.

In a standard store the 'snapshot' contains all records and 'data' contains the filtered records.

In a PagingStore, 'snapshot' will contain all records, 'allData' contains the filtered records and 'data' contains the filtered and paged records.
    Thanks. this is helpful.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    wp.joju is on a distinguished road

ok finally got it to work now... the current problem is that my grid is on a window with a card layout and each time i click on the paging toolbar's next or previous page,,, the wizard is going to the next step

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    tdteti_ is on a distinguished road

Default Download "PagingStore3_v0.4.1.zip" file is failing...

Download "PagingStore3_v0.4.1.zip" file is failing...

Hi Condor,
    I am trying to download the "PagingStore3_v0.4.1.zip" attached file, and it seems is failing (Error message: Posible cause - File transfer error). Could you attach it again, please?

The case is that I am doing the same type of combo and my problem is the same (live-search). That search is only working over the current page to which the combobox is showing. It means, if I try to search a value to which is missing on the current page (although it exist dataset) that is not found and not filtered. I am seeing each time the paging (|<, < ,>, >|) buttons are pressed, the 'store' object is only loaded with the current page data and this is the reason the search only works over these data... I would need to solve it. It means, the search works over all dataset like with 'remote' (forum-search.js). Is that possible? Is there a solution through the information including in that file?

Thanks in advance for you help!
    kind regards.

Vote Rating

Didn't you read the note? You can't download forum attachments using IE. You need to use a different browser.

Thread Participants: 106

1. Animal (3 Posts)
  2. galdaka (2 Posts)
  3. cgi-bin (4 Posts)
  4. tchitani (4 Posts)
  5. tobiu (1 Post)
  6. steffenk (1 Post)
  7. renaudham (1 Post)
  8. markpele (1 Post)
  9. Sesshomurai (1 Post)
  10. teddyjas (5 Posts)
  11. buergi (2 Posts)