Sencha - Community Support Team SamuraiJack1's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    SamuraiJack1 will become famous soon enough

Default JS packaging

JS packaging

Personally, I've switched to the OpenJSAN packaging standard.

It allows me to organize my js code in the packages and then having those packages installed in my system. So no more evil "include a copy of everything into each project".

JSAN distribution looks like:

Code:
        |- lib/
            |- Ext/
                |- ux/
                   |- event/
                        |- Broadcast.js
        |- static/
             |- whatever..
        |- doc/
            |- docs..
        |- t/
           |- 010_unit_test1.t.js
           |- 020_unit_test2.t.js
           |- 030_unit_test3.t.js
        |- README
        |- Build.PL
        |- MANIFEST
    Note unit tests.

Examples of openjsan distributions:

http://github.com/SamuraiJack/task-extjs/tree/master
    http://joose-js.googlecode.com/svn/branches/mutability/
    http://github.com/SamuraiJack/test.run/tree/master

After installation the example above will be copied into /usr/lib/local/jsan (or c:\JSAN on windows) as
    Code:
        |- lib/
            |- Ext/
                 |- ux/
                     |- event/
                         |- Broadcast.js
                         |- Broadcast/
                                   |- static/
                                          |- whatever..
    OpenJSAN infrastructure is currently in alpha stage, so I'm not proposing it for everyone yet. After it will mature any OpenJSAN distribution will be installable locally with the command line:

Code:
    jsan install My.JS.Distribution
    (which will also issue a testing in all browsers available in the system)

Vote Rating
    Joe is on a distinguished road

Default I like that structure

I like that structure

I like the structure.

When I return from vacation and become active again ... I'll check back on this post / others replies and we can determine if ExtJS Core MIT Controls Library should move to the ux repository / use that structure, etc.

I like the ux site because the framework and examples provided all include comments that turn into docs, live links, author details, links to a forum entry for discussion and clear license details.

The site also provides an authors sandbox area to post examples in a common way and in a common location - very nice!

These are some of the reasons I suggest using the ux site for the repository.

The only downside I can see for our use is that the google SVN is designed for MIT only licensed controls and the owners can enforce this. The ux site is not designed for such a purpose as it is more open. That is far from a show stopper, just thinking out loud / providing discussion items.

Thanks for creating / hosting / supporting that site Samurai Jack!
    Joseph Francis,
    CoreLan / Meeting Consultants

Vote Rating

Default Move to ux repository ...

Move to ux repository ...

As of now, my thought is to move this SVN content into the ux repository.

Does anyone have an objection to that?

Note: We can not assure MIT license on everything included here like we can in our personal SVN. So using the ux repository may result in having to review / assure what you want to use is also MIT. If we find there are too many non MIT entries or any other issues arise - we can always consider a move back. I'll keep the other SVN live if we do move over just i case (and update SVN site text accordingly).

I'll let this post sit for a bit .. to give time for existing members / interested parties to respond. Based on responses (or no reponse) I'll take action in about a week.

I agree this should be a group effort as all open source ventures should be. I made all three interested parties (members of the SVN) as owners so you can update the SVN site as needed as well.

If anyone else wants to become a ux repository author and help manage / document / provide examples and publish ux controls, please chime in.

Thanks
    Joseph Francis,

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    andycramb is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe, hope you had a good vacation.

No objections. There are quite a few benefits to using the ux repositry so I think we should go ahead with it.

I have an extension ready to go in to the ux repositry when you have it set up

Let me know if I can provide any help

Vote Rating

Default Please setup your Author account

Please setup your Author account

@andycramb, Have you setup an Authors account in the ux repository? If not and you have time, please create an authors account and upload your controls / examples into that area (ExtCoreX I am pretty sure). Honorable SamuraiJack1 is always helpful in working with the ux.

I want to have live examples and assure the documentation creation comments are in there before I push up the ux controls in the repository. Some are pretty set, but not all.

@any authors
    If any of the original authors that want to sign up as an Author in the ux repository and upload your controls, so you are publisher and the examples are in your authors area, etc - that would naturally be great. Baring that happening, I'll do the best I can in my free time to get the other ones published (while also working to get ones I have created in ship shape).

@all

Thanks to all that contribute.
    Joseph Francis,

Vote Rating
    Dave.Sanders is on a distinguished road

Is there going to be room in the repo for themes? Or are you only looking to hold ux?

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

In theory you could create a shared ux repo acct. So create an author called "core" for example with some password. Then share that password with whomever you deem appropriate. Then you would be able to share the modification rights to whatever the author "core" put in the repo.

Vote Rating

Default The ux repository host is SamuraiJack1

The ux repository host is SamuraiJack1

@Dave.Sanders
    SamuraiJack1 is the host of the ux repository and he could answer your question on the usage of the ux repository for themes.

@mjlecomte
    It seems logical to use a common account so the Author name is generic in the URL samples, etc. I generally add a note that I published in addition to the Author details to help explain why the URL's have another persons author name from the author of the ux. But having a common name for author is cleaner.

If SamuraiJack1 is ok with this approach then I am as well. I'll send a PM pointing to this thread and ask for his blessing on doing so.
    Joseph Francis,

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Dave.Sanders View Post
    Is there going to be room in the repo for themes? Or are you only looking to hold ux?
    Sure, no problems to hold themes in the ux repo.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    If SamuraiJack1 is ok with this approach then I am as well. I'll send a PM pointing to this thread and ask for his blessing on doing so.
    Go ahead guys, I'm ready to help with any issues regarding uxrepo itself.