1. #1
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON, CA
    Posts
    202
    Vote Rating
    0
    timb is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default [1.1-beta1] Ext Stand-alone

    [1.1-beta1] Ext Stand-alone


    I wanted to try out the new experimental ext-base, but I'm having a problem getting started. Here's what's in the include_order.txt file:
    Ext Stand-alone
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    ext-base.js
    ext-all.js (or your choice of files)
    I have included the two files and am getting the following error in firebug:
    Code:
    Ext is not defined
    http://...urlremoved.../ext-base.js
    Line 12
    After looking at ext-base.js, I noticed that the namespaces aren't defined before they are accessed. Am I missing something?

  2. #2
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,854
    Vote Rating
    4
    tryanDLS is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Are you sure ext-base is getting pulled in? Not all the examples have been converted to use ext-base, but the couple I tried worked.

  3. #3
    Sencha User jack.slocum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,955
    Vote Rating
    16
    jack.slocum will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    From the first paragraph of INCLUDE_ORDER.txt:

    All adapter related files below are located in
    /adapters/<lib name>/ of this zip file.

    For consistency, the built ext-base.js is located in /adapters/ext/ext-base.js
    Jack Slocum
    Ext JS Founder
    Original author of Ext JS 1, 2 & 3.
    Twitter: @jackslocum
    jack@extjs.com

  4. #4
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON, CA
    Posts
    202
    Vote Rating
    0
    timb is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default [Resolved] [1.1-beta1] Ext Stand-alone

    [Resolved] [1.1-beta1] Ext Stand-alone


    I had confirmed that the ext-base.js file was being pulled in, but now I realize that it was pulling in the wrong ext-base.js. After I initially read the include_order.txt file, I checked the source/adapter folder by accident, which didn't have the ext-base.js file. I then found it in the experimental folder, and that was the one I was pulling in. This didn't have the namespace initialization that the adapter/ext/ext-base.js file has.

    Thank you for your help...I knew I was missing something. BTW, I quickly tested ext-base.js in my app after replacing the ext-yui-adapter.js. So far so good.

Thread Participants: 2