View Poll Results: If you read it, did you find DirectJNgine User's Guide adequate?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

40 74.07%
  • No

14 25.93%
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    pagullo will become famous soon enough pagullo will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by extejnar View Post
    It all looks good but before I start looking too deeply into DirectJNgine I would like to know a little about the status of the project. First question that come to mind is
    1. Will DirectJNgine work with Ext JS 4.2 ? (only Ext JS 4.1 is mentioned in the docs)
    2. Is the project being actively maintained ? I'm fully aware that no recent releases sometimes simply means that the code is stable and feature complete and therefore no reason to release new stuff. I hope that is the case for DirectJNgine.
    Thank you.
    I have not tested DJN against 4.2 because I have not used it. You can do that on your own by running the test app, which executes around 150 automated tests.

It should work, unless the Sencha guys have performed backward incompatible changes to their code base -something not unheard of.

Please, report back your findings!

Regarding maintenance, yes, it is actively maintained. The code base is very, very mature, that's why there are no new releases.
    Pedro Agulló, Barcelona (Spain)
    Agile team building, consulting, training & development
    DirectJNgine: http://code.google.com/p/directjngine - Log4js-ext: http://www.softwarementors.com/projects/p/log4js-ext/

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    extejnar is on a distinguished road

Default Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pagullo View Post
    I have not tested DJN against 4.2 because I have not used it. You can do that on your own by running the test app, which executes around 150 automated tests.

It should work, unless the Sencha guys have performed backward incompatible changes to their code base -something not unheard of.

Please, report back your findings!

Regarding maintenance, yes, it is actively maintained. The code base is very, very mature, that's why there are no new releases.
    Ok, that was a good - and quick - answer. I'll kick off the tests and report back here.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    seade is just really nice seade is just really nice seade is just really nice seade is just really nice

Default Compatibility with Sencha Architect

Compatibility with Sencha Architect

I am trying to use DirectJNgine with Sencha Architect (SA). SA provides a Direct Response toolbox item that expects the API to be declared in a slightly different format to what DirectJNgine currently provides (I describe this a little at http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...=1#post1000566).

I see that DirectJNgine provides api.js, api-debug.js and api-min.js. This has me wondering how difficult it might be for there to be further alternatives that support SA. Might you consider this?

Scott

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default DirectJNgine 2.3 beta 1 is out

DirectJNgine 2.3 beta 1 is out

DirectJNgine 2.3 beta 1 is out, with support for pluggable bean adapters: Spring beans, CDI/JEE beans, etc. can be integrated into DirectJNgine by defining a new bean adapter.

See http://softdevbuilttolast.wordpress....cly-available/ for more info.

Regards!
    DirectJNgine: http://code.google.com/p/directjngine - Log4js-ext: http://www.softwarementors.com/projects/p/log4js-ext/

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    frengo19 is on a distinguished road

Default Unable to shutdown tomcat

Unable to shutdown tomcat

Hi All!
    I'm using Extjs4 and Java with the library DJN.
    Everything goes fine except i'm not able to shutdown the server (apache tomcat) without killing it!
    • DJN 2.2
    • Extjs 4.2.1
    • Java 1.5
    • Tomcat 6.024
    • Windows 7
    Anybody has the same problem?

Thank you very much!

bye
    Last edited by frengo19; 6 Nov 2013 at 6:01 AM. Reason: version of extjs

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi!

Since I created DJN, I've never found this behavior.
    What makes you think this might be related to DirectJNgine?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by pagullo View Post
    Hi!

Since I created DJN, I've never found this behavior.
    What makes you think this might be related to DirectJNgine?
    Hi yourself!
    If I start and shutdown my app without doing any DJN ajax call, tomcat stops correctly.. So I imagined that the problem may be caused by Direct..
    I've also run the profiler but no threads locked!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    seade is just really nice seade is just really nice seade is just really nice seade is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by seade View Post
    I am trying to use DirectJNgine with Sencha Architect (SA). SA provides a Direct Response toolbox item that expects the API to be declared in a slightly different format to what DirectJNgine currently provides (I describe this a little at http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...=1#post1000566).

I see that DirectJNgine provides api.js, api-debug.js and api-min.js. This has me wondering how difficult it might be for there to be further alternatives that support SA. Might you consider this?

Scott
    Hi Pedro. Would you mind taking a quick look into my question above. Thanks, Scott.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Scott,

I do not have plans to add support for Sencha Architect, unless a) I happen to participate in a project that needs it and b) the customer is willing to allot me the time required to implement and test it. Just don't have free time for doing this right now.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by frengo19 View Post
    Hi yourself!
    If I start and shutdown my app without doing any DJN ajax call, tomcat stops correctly.. So I imagined that the problem may be caused by Direct..
    I've also run the profiler but no threads locked!
    When I stop the server that's what I see in console:

Code:
    11-nov-2013 11.46.42 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap
    GRAVE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [null] (value [org.glassfish.gmbal.generic.OperationTracer$1@1802324]) and a value of type [java.util.ArrayList] (value [[]]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.
    11-nov-2013 11.46.42 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap
    GRAVE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [null] (value [com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.Coordinator$1@1832ae6]) and a value of type [java.lang.Object[]] (value [[Ljava.lang.Object;@75733a]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.
    GRAVE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [null] (value [com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ClassFactory$1@dffa9d]) and a value of type [java.util.WeakHashMap] (value [{class com.sun.xml.ws.runtime.config.MetroConfig=java.lang.ref.WeakReference@1bbdc80, class com.sun.xml.ws.runtime.config.Tubelines=java.lang.ref.WeakReference@896098, class com.sun.xml.ws.runtime.config.TubeFactoryConfig=java.lang.ref.WeakReference@124be4f, class javax.xml.bind.annotation.adapters.CollapsedStringAdapter=java.lang.ref.WeakReference@14a4067, class com.sun.xml.ws.runtime.config.TubelineDefinition=java.lang.ref.WeakReference@1ca623f, class java.util.ArrayList=java.lang.ref.WeakReference@1f8297b, class com.sun.xml.ws.runtime.config.TubeFactoryList=java.lang.ref.WeakReference@16b4f5a, class javax.xml.bind.annotation.W3CDomHandler=java.lang.ref.WeakReference@269f76}]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.
    log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.

Thread Participants: 88

1. Animal (5 Posts)
  2. barton (4 Posts)
  3. Condor (1 Post)
  4. mauro_monti (6 Posts)
  5. mbarto (1 Post)
  6. aconran (1 Post)
  7. MoShAn480 (1 Post)
  8. asgillett (2 Posts)
  9. seade (6 Posts)
  10. zaqwsxqwer (3 Posts)
  11. Sesshomurai (16 Posts)