Vote Rating
    ThorstenSuckow is on a distinguished road

Default Ext.ux.FlexAccord - resizable accordion panels with drag/drop

Ext.ux.FlexAccord - resizable accordion panels with drag/drop

With Ext 3.0 final coming up, conjoon 0.1RC1 is raring to go. Along with new features there was also an improvement regarding the "quick panels" - panels that contain widgets to access often needed functionality.
    Using the usual AccordionLayout, I faced the problem that I wanted to keep more than one panel expanded at a time - and even drag/drop panels to re-order their positions. This is why I worked on Ext.ux.FlexAccord, which gives the following features:

• LayoutManager for holding collapsible panels with either fixed or flexible heights
    • Functionality for expanding more than one panel at a time
    • SplitBars for resizing panels vertically
    • Drag/Drop for re-ordering panels or changing panel-positions within containers that use the same LayoutManager

The following screenshot shows Ext.ux.FlexAccord in conjoon - the left/right panel both use Ext.ux.FlexAccord as the LayoutManager:

The project home can be found at http://code.google.com/p/ext-ux-flexaccord/.

An example implementation can be viewed at http://www.siteartwork.de/flexaccord.../twopanel.html

P.S.:
    The code is currently in Beta state and needs some cleanup.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    temporary is on a distinguished road

Nice - is this Ext 3 only, or does it work with 2.2.1, too?

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by temporary View Post
    Nice - is this Ext 3 only, or does it work with 2.2.1, too?
    I have started to work on this extension with Ext 2.2.1, but moved to 3.0 once it was available. There's nothing fancy going on so it _might_ still work with 2.*, but no guarantee on that. The example uses Ext3.0RC2 btw.

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Stellar!! That's awesome Thorsten!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Scorpie is on a distinguished road

Very nice!
    I`m from Holland!

Vote Rating

Thanks for the feedback so far. I have just commited a new version which solves a few sizing issues, mainly when it comes to panels within a FlexAccord-Container that are using toolbars. See the changeset for details.

Vote Rating

Default V0.1 released

V0.1 released

I have just tagged V0.1 of Ext.ux.FlexAccord - for a complete list of changes see http://code.google.com/p/ext-ux-flexaccord/source/list

There have been made a number of optimizations regarding drag/drop functionality and calculation of sizings.

Vote Rating
    bt_bruno will become famous soon enough

Thumbs up

Very impressive dude! Thanks for sharing.

Vote Rating
    stever will become famous soon enough stever will become famous soon enough

Very nice indeed!

One request that I wish was fixed in the Ext accordion: When expanding/collapsing a panel, it animates, then the other panel jerks to take up the space. Try this example:

http://jqueryui.com/demos/accordion/mouseover.html

Here, one panel gets bigger while the other shrinks in unison. A lot smoother than the Ext way.

Vote Rating

Default Ext.ux.FlexAccord V0.1.1 released

Ext.ux.FlexAccord V0.1.1 released

Just commited 0.1.1 to the repository - this is a maintanance released which solves a few issues - see http://code.google.com/p/ext-ux-flex...rce/detail?r=9 for all teh changes that made it into this release.

Quote Originally Posted by stever View Post
    Very nice indeed!

One request that I wish was fixed in the Ext accordion: When expanding/collapsing a panel, it animates, then the other panel jerks to take up the space. Try this example:

http://jqueryui.com/demos/accordion/mouseover.html

Here, one panel gets bigger while the other shrinks in unison. A lot smoother than the Ext way.
    Well, this is rather complicated since this is something the layout manager in the Ext library handles - one had to inspect the css for those panels to see how they handle sizings, which might differ from the way Ext JS does it. The only way I could think of right now would be to attach two simultaneously animation effects (one for collapsing, one for expanding), which might look jerky as well.