Vote Rating
    netski is on a distinguished road

Default Application Architecture Question

Application Architecture Question

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on how to approach an applications architecture for my front end.

What I would like to know is how you handle multiple forms for an application; for instance if you have multiple forms do you:

1. Separate each forms javascript definition into individual files and include them in a single page (index.html) with a singleton pattern to load each form when required?

2. Separate each form into individual pages (login.html, logout.html, etc ...) with their own javascript definitions?

Can anyone make a good recommendation on an example I could learn from?

Cheers in advance,
    Timothy

Vote Rating
    deanna is on a distinguished road

I download each form/window as I need it. My php creates the form, localizing it, and modifying any structure as needed. I then send down the config statement for the form as json (with some javascript handlers - so not pure json). I have a zend framework library I am developing that makes the interface easy between the php server and client javascript.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by deanna View Post
    I download each form/window as I need it. My php creates the form, localizing it, and modifying any structure as needed. I then send down the config statement for the form as json (with some javascript handlers - so not pure json). I have a zend framework library I am developing that makes the interface easy between the php server and client javascript.
    Hmm, I don't have any backend engine that will be generating javascript other then json data. What if I wanted to build all of my forms in individual javascript files and include them all on page load, instantiate when needed?

I'm also waiting to see if anyone has a good directory structure for javascript files.

Cheers,
    Timothy

Vote Rating
    dj has a spectacular aura about dj has a spectacular aura about dj has a spectacular aura about

Hi netski,

you saw this thread? http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26728

It's a good starting point to explore the resources out there.
    Daniel Jagszent
    dɐɳiel@ʝɐgszeɳt.de <- convert to plain ASCII to get my email address

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by dj View Post
    Hi netski,

you saw this thread? http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26728

It's a good starting point to explore the resources out there.
    Thanks for sharing this link with me, exactly what I was looking for, not sure how I missed that one

Cheers,
    Timothy

Thread Participants: 2