Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    soeren is on a distinguished road

Question Opera Problem: contextmenu Event not recognized

Opera Problem: contextmenu Event not recognized

Hi,

thanks to ExtJS I could build a File Manager with a directory tree and a grid that displays the list of files. I have added listeners to the contextmenu event for both- the TreePanel and the Grid (ColumnModel).

If I right-click a tree node or a column in the grid, the context menu is displayed. This works for FF2 and IE6/7 - but in Opera 9.2 nothing happens. I have enabled "allow right-click actions?" globally and site-wide, but the event seems not to be recognized. Instead the standard Opera context menu is shown.

The same goes for the Demos in the Docs (ExtJS 1.0.1a and 1.1beta1). If I browse them with Opera I can't invoke the custom context menus which are usually visible in FF2 and IE.

Is this a problem with my Opera Configuration or a known problem?

ciao, S

Sencha - Community Support Team mystix's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mystix will become famous soon enough

try holding down CTRL while right-clicking in Opera?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

No,

this doesn't help. Still just the standard Opera context menu comes up. Have you had the chance to test an ExtJS Demo with Context Menus (e.g. under Tree -> Dependency Builder) with Opera? Doesn't work for me.

ciao, S

Vote Rating

you're right... i tried the Editor Grid example for 1.0.1a and the grid header context menu doesn't show up when right-clicked in Opera.

according to Opera, enabling the "Allow script to receive right clicks" option allows js scripts to receive the right click event, so you might want to explore that option. You'll also probably have to poke around in FireBug to see what mouse events are being fired after you enable this setting.

For now, you might have to do an Opera detect, and then hotwire an ALT-leftclick to show the context menu instead.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Well,
    I surely could do that, but a user expects a context menu to open on right-click, not on Alt-Left-click.
    Also there's no Firebug for Opera afaik. Maybe it's a known problem - I'm not a an Opera user and maybe Opera doesn't handle this right click event at all.

Btw: I experienced the same problem with Konqueror on Linux: the custom context menu won't show, but just the standard Konqueror Context Menu.

Could somehow help here or shed more light on this?
    Thanks-
    ciao, S

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    liggett78 is on a distinguished road

Opera developers generally discourage custom context menus, so the browser always shows the standard one (I would guess the contextmenu event is never triggered and you can't even prevent the default action with e.stopEvent() or "Allow right click" setting or similar). It used to be so in prev. versions of Opera. Since you can't get it to work with Opera 9.20, I suppose this intentional "hole" is still there. One can argue about whether it's right or wrong, but it is "by design".

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Lariel is on a distinguished road

This problem with Opera is also bugging me. But this is a nice solution: http://extjs.com/playpen/ext-2.0/exa...rid/grid3.html
    Is this only part of the new Ext 2.0 or is it possible to activate this left click contextmenu in 1.0?

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

Does this have any solution?

I'd also need to display contextmenus in Opera.

Vote Rating

doesn't seem like it... poking around in the opera forums also turned up nothing.
    it's like someone placed a gag order on the entire subject.

i used to be able to do context menus with Opera 8.x via ALT + right-click,
    but Opera 9.x simply intercepts all right-click events.

here's a link to a script that creates a right-click context menu that supposedly works with Opera 7.x, but i don't have a copy of that installed currently so i can't test it out.

[edit]
    managed to find Opera 7.x and 8.x here.
    tried 7.11 and 8.53, and unfortunately, neither of them work...

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

Hi mystix,

thanks for info. I'm not going too deep into this, better to say I've already solved it by keyboard shorcut that displays context menu.

If you are interested you can see it here together with "Note for Opera users".

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar