Ext User
    Vote Rating
    gregsimons is on a distinguished road

Default Grid - loadMask

Grid - loadMask

I have been using the example given for converting html table in to a ext grid. However, I have quite a large dataset and after this has been converted, the grid doesnt get repainted until I resize the window slightly to force it, is there anyway I can get around this, i have used the grid on smaller datasets and its been fine.

Also I would like to use the load mask although because of the above repaint problem I am not sure whether its not showing because its already got the data and just hasnt repainted the grid yet.

Hope you can help.

Thanks.....

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

Do you have any link where this behavior could be seen?
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid Search Plugin, ExtJS 5 Complex Data Binding using MVVM

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for your reply - I was trying to insert the grid in to legacy code and the problem seemed to be stem from that.

We have been placing a loading tooltip and the hiding and showing the div placeholder once results had loaded, This is what seemed to be the issue. If i let the grid handle the loading progress and remove the existing loading div from the html it works and repaints correctly.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Although the grid now paints correctly the load mask doesnt display. Im using the html to grid example and just added loadmask to the call to the super constructor. I read in the api documentation you have to add this to the data store. What sort of configuration do I need to get this to work?

Also, I am also required to extend the existing grid to provide some extra buttons that will be painted above each grid such as a select all, copy, print etc. How would I go about doing this on the existing grid.

Thanks

Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

Doc says that you only need loadMask:true in grid's config object.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Vote Rating

About extending....

I have posted a pattern of how to extend an Ext class. Try to search for it.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Thread Participants: 1