Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext User
    Vote Rating
    pablodev is on a distinguished road

Default [CLOSED] bug in file Theme.class

[CLOSED] bug in file Theme.class

the correct path and the same?

GRAY = new Theme("gray", GXT.MESSAGES.themeSelector_grayTheme(), "gxt/css/gxt-gray.css");

not

GRAY = new Theme("gray", GXT.MESSAGES.themeSelector_grayTheme(), "gxt-gray.css");

because I put the following code and does not work

GXT.setDefaultTheme(Theme.GRAY, true);

of the following error when I run the application in hosted mode.

[WARN] 404 - GET /gxt/css/gxt-gray.css (127.0.0.1) 1406 bytes

thanks, I await response.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

The path is the default one. If you change that oyu need to adjust it in that file. I am closing this issue.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Arno.Nyhm is on a distinguished road

where i can find the value for the "default" path for this?

where i can change the path to the resources?

in the setup.txt there is no information that the folders need to be in a special place. the {foldername} suggest that i can use any folder.

i used /lib/gwt-2.0/resources

Code:
    STEP 1 -> Create a GWT 1.6.x project within Eclipse.

Copy the contents of the /resources folder in the download to a {foldername} location with your war folder.
    Substitute {foldername} with the name of the folder you've created for resources within your war folder. 

STEP 3 -> Add the following stylesheet to your host page.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{foldername}/css/gxt-all.css" />

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    FrankCA is on a distinguished road

Default response???

response???

Hi did you ever work this out ??? its driving me nuts, and love the nonresponse you got from support
    sure there's work arounds, but the wrongness of it all makes me concerned that a hack is not good enough (is something else drastically wrong) so would love to know the write way to go about it.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

This all depends where you put your css files. If you put them somewhere else than this class is designed for, than it does not work.

Take a look where the server looks for the file and put it there.

You can also look at the explorer example how it is stored there.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    FrankCA is on a distinguished road

thanks for the quick response sven, I think the confusion lies in that the setup advises to put the css files under Resources, but the java default assumes that different location (GXT), and yes I also confirmed this by looking at how the examples run this they just contain the css files under GXT instead of resources contrary to setup file advice (note, those examples are a god send). And for anal people like myself, that small distinction is enough to cause havoc to our minds. Especially when above doesnt really go on to explain a prefferred approach to changing the default path (I assume the only way about this is to create your own theme identical to the gray them but with the different path, and register it yourself before applying, similiar to Slate theme setting, which incidently, is strange that i dont see the same 404 problem when using the Slate them, doing everything else the same, slate theme resources under Resources folder and Slate them java default pointing to GXT default path).

H O W E V E R ... since we're dealing with default setting and not changing on the fly, I noticed another forum response you made for setting GXT as the default, and I tested it. This approach was simply adding the gray css file to the main html file along with the normal all css file, and NOT coding any theme setting in the java code.

This seems to work.