Ext User
    Vote Rating
    J@y is on a distinguished road

How can I only group the first level of headers (the original column headers)?

In other words, to replace the existing column header instead of adding a header row to represent a group header.

thanks

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

The original (first-level) headers need to be rendered, because the GridPanel baseclass expects them to be present.

But that doesn't mean you can't hide them with display:none!

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    J@y is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    The original (first-level) headers need to be rendered, because the GridPanel baseclass expects them to be present.

But that doesn't mean you can't hide them with display:none!
    Thanks, so do you mean I've to explicitly get the DOM of header and set the CSS to display:none?

any faster way to achieve this?

PS: I've tried to inspect the DOM in firebug and set the <div> to display:none, the header space is still exist in the <td> ...
    If I set the <td> to display:none, the whole header's layout will be corrupted. But I can't add the colspan to the grid original header...

Since this groupHeader plugin renders the header rows in separate <table>s, the alignment of header cells cannot be dependently aligned.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    hellogavin is on a distinguished road

Wink

Thank you for your share

Quote Originally Posted by mattpainter View Post
    Fantastic piece of work. Thanks Condor; works beautifully.
    +1000

Vote Rating
    calavera is on a distinguished road

Great share! I have noticed that the dataIndex column defined in the GroupHeaderGrid becomes unsortable. Only the first column has this problem.

LE: The next group of header column has no working sortable column...Any fixes ?

Thanks.

Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by calavera View Post
    Great share! I have noticed that the dataIndex column defined in the GroupHeaderGrid becomes unsortable. Any fix for this ? Only the first column has this problem.
    Can you reproduce the problem with the provided example?

If not, can you post an example that does?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Palastanga is on a distinguished road

Thank you so, so much for sharing this! It's exactly what I was looking for.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Palastanga is on a distinguished road

Condor:

I'm trying to dynamically update the GroupHeader header value from store JSON data but I'm having problems.

This is because I want the dynamic JSON response from the store to update my Group Column Headers. I'm making a 2 day calendar style grid view - so my previous and next buttons load the store and return data and 2 new dates/days which I want to display in the header.

I currently do this to standard GridPanel columnHeaders by doing either:

Code:
    myStore.on('load', function() {
          myColumnModel.setConfig([
                    {header: "New Header", dataIndex: 'foo'}
          ])
    }
    or with:

Code:
    myStore.on('load', function() {
         myColumnModel.setColumnHeader(1, 'New Header');
    }
    Code:
    |        Tuesday       |     Wednesday        |
    -----------------------------------------------
    | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |
    -----------------------------------------------
    I want to change Tuesday/Wednesday dynamically to values from my JSON.

If you have any suggestions for how I could implement this I would be eternally grateful! Sorry if i've rambled on with too useless detail.

Thanks
    Martin

Vote Rating

Modify grid.getColumnModel().rows and call grid.getView().updateHeaders() (calling grid.getColumnModel().setConfig() will also update the headers).