Woohoo! That works perfectly.

Thank you very much for your time and helping me out

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    vtulin is on a distinguished road

Does it support row spanning?

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

No, it doesn't support row spanning. I tried, but some browsers just wouldn't size the table cells properly.

You can make it look like row spanning by not specifying a header for supergroups (see the Id, Nr and Sum headers in the screenshot).

Ext User
    Vote Rating

And what is the latest version that support row spanning?

Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

Row spanning never worked correctly, even with the versions that did support is.

Do you really need it? Most people find the visual appearance of row spanning enough.

Vote Rating
    MaximGB is on a distinguished road

I need it, so hardly that writing my own header groupping plugin is in my todo list
    Use the force - read the source.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by MaximGB View Post
    I need it, so hardly that writing my own header groupping plugin is in my todo list
    Can you explain why you need it? I could revisit the subject if you have a convincing argument.

Vote Rating
    MaximGB is on a distinguished road

In the project I currently involved in there is a large treegrid with lots of columns, ~30 or more, most of the column titles consist of 2-3 words, but actual cell values don't occupy that much space. We are trying to save as much space as possible by groupping headers, but sometimes a cell with a rather large title can't be groupped with anything else, so I have to create a single column group for it where in the group header I show first part of the actual cell title, and in the cell header I show second part of the cell title.
    Use the force - read the source.

Vote Rating

But you don't need row spanning for that. You can create a column header and a group of the same size and set both titles.

(you probably want to adjust the css so the group title doesn't get the gray background)

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    But you don't need row spanning for that. You can create a column header and a group of the same size and set both titles.

(you probably want to adjust the css so the group title doesn't get the gray background)
    Could you please put a simple example you're talking about?