Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nanich is on a distinguished road

@Maximgb -- First of all, thanks for the great plug-in. Really liked it, when i had seen the same plugin developed using EXTJS 2.x version. The website where you have exposed the source to download seems to be down. Can you please have a look and resolve the issue.
    Thanks,
    nanich

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    hasdy is on a distinguished road

Default Long running script

Long running script

I've been using the ext3 version of the treegrid with good success.

But when I have a response of over 600 records, I get the browser's "Stop running this script?" and whatever the message is on Firefox. I eventually get there by clicking on "No" a few times.

But is there a way to avoid this issue?

I understand that having this many records in a single grid is not the best practice.... but that's what the client wants.

If there is no resolution to that.... is there a good way to perform pagination on the treegrid that still is able to perform the sort on the entire result list?

Many thanks in advance

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    josh803316 is on a distinguished road

So far, in my experience, the reason you get the stop running scripts message is because you have a circular reference where your parent and your id are the same. Make sure that your id's are all unique and that when you parent and id will be the same thing your parent is null.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

That was a good suggestion but unfortunately its never that simple.

We've combed through our test data list and verified that all parent and id values aren't the same.

Any other suggestions out there?

Just to note..... we eventually do get the full data set rendered onto the grid, it's just that we have to "continue" running the script via the browser's alert 2 or 3 times before it gets there.

I've been reading through some other forums and there are ways to by pass the alert by changing some configurations on the browser itself.... which is obviously not the ideal solution.

Again, even a pagination solution would suffice.... if we can manage to perform the sorting through the entire dataset.

Thanks again in advance.

Sencha - Community Support Team mschwartz's Avatar
    San Diego, Peoples' Republic of California
    Vote Rating
    mschwartz will become famous soon enough mschwartz will become famous soon enough

IE throws up that dialog after 5,000,000 statements. Whatever a statement is...

It can be changed by editing a registry key/value. Google for it.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    josh803316 is on a distinguished road

I think this may be a bug. It has happened in my application a couple times as well. I double checked the id's to make sure they were unique and that there were no circular parent references. The problem is, this doesn't happen every time I load the grid.

Vote Rating
    MaximGB is on a distinguished road

Again, even a pagination solution would suffice.... if we can manage to perform the sorting through the entire dataset.
    I don't get it, what sorting problems do you experience. There is a per node pagination implemented out of the box also...
    Use the force - read the source.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    radutopala is on a distinguished road

Default extjs3 version

extjs3 version

Hi,

Where can I find the Extjs 3 version of this great component?

Thanks.

Radu

Vote Rating
    MaximGB is on a distinguished road

Use the force - read the source.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Default Pagination

Pagination

I think i must be missing something... based on the example provided in the package, I simply added

Code:
    bbar: new Ext.ux.maximgb.tg.PagingToolbar({ store: store, displayInfo: true, pageSize: 30
    }),
    So the paging bar shows up and shows the appropriate number of pages but all results show up on the 1st page. ie 45 of 45 show even though my pageSize = 30.

Note: when i click to the next page.... all results are showing while the caption (bottom right) shows "Displaying 31-74 of 45)

Am I missing a declaration somewhere?

Thanks!