Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mnilson is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb [FNR] PagingToolBar and PagingToolBarMessages

[FNR] PagingToolBar and PagingToolBarMessages

There is a minor bug in the PagingToolBar in regards to how it handles the PagingToolBarMessages. PagingToolBar exposes a public void setMessages(PagingToolBarMessages messages) method, but the messages are used in the constructor of the toolbar and there is effectively no way to override the default behaviour of the toolbar displaying 'Page'. This should be a fairly simple refactor and would be appreciated.

thanks,
    Michael

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    yafmbl is on a distinguished road

Same issue exists with most of the widgets as well. (DatePicker, if needed to name one) There is no easy to override methods, which deals with translations. You have to prepare a translation file to override existing translations most of the time. There should have been an easier way to override the translations programatically.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mnilson is on a distinguished road

In this case we aren't changing it due to translation, it is because the word 'Page' doesn't make sense in the given context. We would still want the word 'Page' to be displayed on other forms in the app. IMHO the current design of the paging toolbar wouldn't prevent a quick refactoring that would make the widget more flexible while not breaking existing use of it. I am not familiar enough with the other widgets to comment on their refactorability.

Mike

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Arno.Nyhm is on a distinguished road

but this overwriting the translation file also not work :-(
    (copy XMessages_de.properties with the same structure to my project - this overwrites the messages only in Hosted Mode. the GWT Compiler ignore this :-( )
    This forum needs your help: you got hints from the community and now you have fixed your code? dont just reply with "now its fixed" or "i found the error"! please take the time to post also an detailed answer with the working code.

GreaseMonkey Script for a GXT-only Forum: it hides ExtJs here: New Posts • Search Results • Advanced Search form • Category overview http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthrea...041#post410041

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Arno.Nyhm is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mnilson View Post
    In this case we aren't changing it due to translation, it is because the word 'Page' doesn't make sense in the given context. We would still want the word 'Page' to be displayed on other forms in the app.
    in this case you can hide only the word with css. make an additional css entry and then add this special style to the pagingtoolbar or grid.
    This forum needs your help: you got hints from the community and now you have fixed your code? dont just reply with "now its fixed" or "i found the error"! please take the time to post also an detailed answer with the working code.

GreaseMonkey Script for a GXT-only Forum: it hides ExtJs here: New Posts • Search Results • Advanced Search form • Category overview http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthrea...041#post410041

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    wangying95599 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Arno.Nyhm View Post
    in this case you can hide only the word with css. make an additional css entry and then add this special style to the pagingtoolbar or grid.
    Can you help me hide the word "Page", I'm not good at css, I don't know how to do it ,Thanks a lot

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    wangying95599 is on a distinguished road

if I hide the text "Page" by css, the part of "of x" also hidden, I just hope "Page" is disappered .

Vote Rating
    robertlight is on a distinguished road

Default overriding PagingToolBarMessages

overriding PagingToolBarMessages

Has there been a solution to this? It seems like a horrible gap in functionality....clearly the authors felt it was necessary and desirable to let the developer have control over these messages.

There has to be a better way (or a bug fix).

- Bob

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

I have this on the list for 2.2 and already a patch pending.

Vote Rating
    robertlight is on a distinguished road

Default PagingToolBar and PagingToolBarMessages

PagingToolBar and PagingToolBarMessages

I've patched it in my world.... can you publish your patch...at least if I use your patch, then it will be closer (or the same) when 2.2 comes out.

Thanks!

-Bob