Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Default Menu Item key handler early demo (screencast) - opinions requested

Menu Item key handler early demo (screencast) - opinions requested

Below is a quick demonstration on a new Keyboard nav handler for the Ext JS Menu system that I’m working on. I would like any and all opinions.

http://bit.ly/D4KVf

Vote Rating
    Foggy is on a distinguished road

Cant see the screencast. There appears a 500 Internal Server Error...

But first tough is that this is a usefull feature.

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

i don't get a 500

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Stuart-SwarmOnline will become famous soon enough Stuart-SwarmOnline will become famous soon enough

Great plugin Jay. I think your suggestion for using the char index for choosing the shortcut key is good, if it would work out the character position and apply the formatting (underline) automatically then it would make the implementation even easier.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Stoot98 View Post
    Great plugin Jay. I think your suggestion for using the char index for choosing the shortcut key is good, if it would work out the character position and apply the formatting (underline) automatically then it would make the implementation even easier.
    Thanks for the feedback. It's going to be using regex. How to formulate that is going to be difficult because of special characters, etc.

I'm also working on a 'propagation' mechansim, where you specify the plugin on the *root* menu item and it will propagate to all sub menus automagically

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    moegal is on a distinguished road

Very nice! How do you plan on handling menus with sub-items? Like in FF you have View: Toolbars: etc...

Will you need a separate handler for each? Can this be built in?

Thanks, Marty

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by moegal View Post
    Very nice! How do you plan on handling menus with sub-items? Like in FF you have View: Toolbars: etc...

Will you need a separate handler for each? Can this be built in?

Thanks, Marty
    Thanks for the feedback. Please see my post above