Vote Rating
    mark.lozano is on a distinguished road

Default Scriptaculous Drag/Drop across BorderLayout panels

Scriptaculous Drag/Drop across BorderLayout panels

I am testing out some of the functionalities of some of the libraries available to me at work, in my off time. So I decided to see how easy drag and drop is with Scriptaculous. It was super easy:

As you can see you can easily drag items from the left to the drop target on the right.

Then I decided to try out the layout stuff from Ext JS. I essentially just added a layout method and tossed the appropriate divs in their spots:

As you can see, in the page with the layout, the items I drag do not visibly cross the slider boundary. The drop event is still doing its thing (I guess based on mouse position), but the dragged item doesn't make it all the way. My assumption is that the ContentPanel has it's overflow set to hidden ... and probably for good reason.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to fix this? Is there a setting on the ContentPanel or the layout that I am missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vote Rating
    mark.lozano is on a distinguished road

Also, I'd be willing to use the Ext JS drag and drop stuff. But I can't find a simple and clean example of how to use it. That's where Scriptaculous shined for me.

If anyone can show me the equivalent in Ext I'd be happy to use it.
    - Mark Lozano

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

I had a similar problem using JQuery. You need to set the z-index of your drag proxies reasonably high (try 12000 to begin with).

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    anandr is on a distinguished road

Did you figure out how to make this work? Setting the z-index of the linked element to a high number did not seem to work for me. Any help or alternate solution is much appreciated.
    AR

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    karel-jan is on a distinguished road

Did anyone find a sollution to this problem? Because I'm havving the same problem.
    And z-index isn't working.

Thanx

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    enlaan is on a distinguished road

I'm stuck with the same problem.
    Did anyone find a way around it ?
    regards