Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light firefoxSafari is a glorious beacon of light

Did anyone succeed in using Spket with ExtJS 3.3.1 and STS 2.5.2?
    • I´ve installed Spket 1.6.18 as Plugin
    • Then created a JavaScript profile for ExtJS like described at the Spket homepage
    But I don´t see any code completion, documentation or anything else. Have restarted STS several times.

Any hints?
    I've never actually tried with STS, but I've used Spket successfully wth other Eclipse variants. Here are some things to check.

When you made the Ext-JS profile, were you sure to make it the default by selecting it and clicking the 'Default' button?

Are you sure the Spket js editor is being used instead of the default js editor that comes with Eclipse? You can right-click the file and try open with and select the Spket editor. If this is the case, you can set Spket to be the default through the file associations. Window->Preferences->General->Editors->File Associations.

Also, when you modify Spket profiles you should be able to right click a project in your workspace and select something like 'Reload JavaScript profile' instead of having to restart Eclipse, though if you do this you might have to close any open .js files first.

Not sure if these will help you, but I've seen others run into them with other versions of Eclipse.

Vote Rating
    htammen is on a distinguished road

It works.
    Most times the problem sits in front of the computer. I forgot to set the profile to default.

Thank you very much.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    princewei is on a distinguished road

Can I make a couple of requests for a future version?
    a) An option to "auto collapse" comments when a file is opened would be huge. Some of the Ext files have 1000 lines of comments and 100 lines of code. Intellij does this and it's one of the reasons I use it currently.

b) The only other missing feature I "need" is an Outline view that parses object literals. Most Ext files (like Component.js) have tons of functions defined with Ext.extend and scrolling to find them is impossible. Intellij is the only IDE I have found that parses object literals (and variables) as functions when defined in reverse (e.g. var foo = function(){... or in an object literal), although it isn't perfect (it doesn't understand Ext.extend).

Those things aside, this is really spectacular. Can someone who knows Wiki please add it into the Learn section?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jzhang1 is on a distinguished road

I installed Aptana Studio3. I have Spket 1.6.18 installed as plugin. I am configure the EXTJS4.0. I am following the old version of spket. I am configuring the JavaScript Profiles. This is the steps:
    Window/Preferences/Spket/JavaScript Profiles/New/ give a name ExtJS/ Add Library/ExtJS/Add File/ I am not sure where can I get the ExtJS4.0 .jsb file.

Can anybody help me with it?

Thanks a lot!

Vote Rating
    burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by jzhang1 View Post
    I installed Aptana Studio3. I have Spket 1.6.18 installed as plugin. I am configure the EXTJS4.0. I am following the old version of spket. I am configuring the JavaScript Profiles. This is the steps:
    Window/Preferences/Spket/JavaScript Profiles/New/ give a name ExtJS/ Add Library/ExtJS/Add File/ I am not sure where can I get the ExtJS4.0 .jsb file.

Can anybody help me with it?

Thanks a lot!
    Take a look at this thread from the Spket forums. You can get the jsb2 file here, and you'll probably also need to update Spket with this jar.

Vote Rating
    loiane is a jewel in the rough loiane is a jewel in the rough loiane is a jewel in the rough

This screencast may help you:

http://vimeo.com/30308177
    Sencha/Java evangelist
    Author of ExtJS 4 First Look and Mastering Ext JS books
    English blog: http://loianegroner.com
    Portuguese blog: http://loiane.com
    Sencha Examples: https://github.com/loiane

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pardha is on a distinguished road

Default spket IDE Version: 1.6.21 unable to debug Ext JS Code

spket IDE Version: 1.6.21 unable to debug Ext JS Code

Hi, I have installed and configured spket IDE to work with Ext js 4, But while I am trying to debug/run it says Lanuching error, 'Mechine Debug Manger' without any other info. what whould be the reason
    thx