1. #1
    Sencha - Community Support Team hendricd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    5,963
    Vote Rating
    10
    hendricd will become famous soon enough hendricd will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default VBulletin 3.8.4 Observations.

    VBulletin 3.8.4 Observations.


    Nice job on the transition guys.

    Just thought I'd report some bahavioral issues that I've noticed the last few days.

    1) My mailbox is FULL! Used to be you'd get a single email for a thread update, now you get one for every post. Setting still available for that?

    2) Moderated Threads -- Take a look at all the duplicate moderated threads. Seems like a good SPAM control feature would be to NOT permit any new Thread creation unless their first one was approved. Dups gone that way.

    3) Enhanced Mode Editor (at least) Color pallette doesn't render.

    Still, good to see the spamming come down.

    Eyes open
    "be dom-ready..."
    Doug Hendricks

    Maintaining ux: ManagedIFrame, MIF2 (FAQ, Wiki), ux.Media/Flash, AudioEvents, ux.Chart[Fusion,OFC,amChart], ext-basex.js/$JIT, Documentation Site.


    Got Sencha licensing questions? Find out more here.


  2. #2
    Sencha - Community Support Team mystix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,236
    Vote Rating
    5
    mystix will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by hendricd View Post
    1) My mailbox is FULL! Used to be you'd get a single email for a thread update, now you get one for every post. Setting still available for that?
    odd. that was how i've been receiving update notifications all along (even before the vB update).

    and what exactly are moderated threads?
    i keep seeing these "Moderated" prefixes on thread titles, but i've not idea why they're there

  3. #3
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,854
    Vote Rating
    4
    tryanDLS is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by mystix View Post
    odd. that was how i've been receiving update notifications all along (even before the vB update).

    and what exactly are moderated threads?
    i keep seeing these "Moderated" prefixes on thread titles, but i've not idea why they're there
    Is that the source of the dup posts? The first one is waiting for approval so the user posts again thinking it was deleted?

  4. #4
    Sencha - Community Support Team hendricd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    5,963
    Vote Rating
    10
    hendricd will become famous soon enough hendricd will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by tryanDLS View Post
    Is that the source of the dup posts? The first one is waiting for approval so the user posts again thinking it was deleted?
    That, and, sheer impatience ! It's almost worse (removing dup posts) than cleaning out Spammers.
    "be dom-ready..."
    Doug Hendricks

    Maintaining ux: ManagedIFrame, MIF2 (FAQ, Wiki), ux.Media/Flash, AudioEvents, ux.Chart[Fusion,OFC,amChart], ext-basex.js/$JIT, Documentation Site.


    Got Sencha licensing questions? Find out more here.


  5. #5
    Sencha User Jamie Avins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Redwood City, California
    Posts
    3,661
    Vote Rating
    18
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

      0  

    Default


    I'm looking into the items you listed. Seems that we need to tune things a bit.

  6. #6
    Sencha - Community Support Team mystix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,236
    Vote Rating
    5
    mystix will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    there also seems to be some script errors when performing actions like ticking a checkbox to select a whole boatload of (spam) posts (for deletion) -- only the first gets selected.

    Firebug complains about "YAHOO not (being) defined".

    i'm also having problems clicking the emoticons in the advanced message editor.

  7. #7
    Sencha User steffenk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Haan, Germany
    Posts
    2,664
    Vote Rating
    7
    steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about

      0  

    Default


    php boxes are now unfixable with double lines. Before there was the trick to edit and post again, this doesn't work anymore, which make usage of php boxes senseless.

    And yes, i get 4-9 JS errors each page with YAHOO, vBulletin and PHP is undefined, amd debug output like "Fetch Cookie :: vbulletin_multiquote (null)"

    And another one (FF3.5)

    Quick reply doesn't work (didm't work before too). When reply, the buttons and smilies are not accessible, think course of the JS errors. One reported that he even could not post:
    http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78898
    vg Steffen
    --------------------------------------
    Release Manager of TYPO3 4.5

  8. #8
    Sencha User BitPoet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    277
    Vote Rating
    1
    BitPoet is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by steffenk View Post
    php boxes are now unfixable with double lines. Before there was the trick to edit and post again, this doesn't work anymore, which make usage of php boxes senseless.

    And yes, i get 4-9 JS errors each page with YAHOO, vBulletin and PHP is undefined, amd debug output like "Fetch Cookie :: vbulletin_multiquote (null)"

    And another one (FF3.5)

    Quick reply doesn't work (didm't work before too). When reply, the buttons and smilies are not accessible, think course of the JS errors. One reported that he even could not post:
    http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78898
    Well, it looks like yui-utilities.js should be included, but isn't. Can't even reply to a post using FF or IE because of erroneous 'your reply is to short' messages.

  9. #9
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    227
    Vote Rating
    0
    SchattenMann is an unknown quantity at this point

      0  

    Default


    same with me...

    just wrote a holl huge post and got "message to short" :@

    seems it only works in chrome

  10. #10
    Sencha User BitPoet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    277
    Vote Rating
    1
    BitPoet is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    So, just did some fancy proxy-munging of the extjs forum page and inserted script tags for yui core in the header on-the-fly (yahoo-min.js, dom-min.js and event-min.js), et voilá, everything works as expected, including the quickreply functionality.