Sencha - Community Support Team hendricd's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    hendricd will become famous soon enough hendricd will become famous soon enough

Default VBulletin 3.8.4 Observations.

VBulletin 3.8.4 Observations.

Nice job on the transition guys.

Just thought I'd report some bahavioral issues that I've noticed the last few days.

1) My mailbox is FULL! Used to be you'd get a single email for a thread update, now you get one for every post. Setting still available for that?

2) Moderated Threads -- Take a look at all the duplicate moderated threads. Seems like a good SPAM control feature would be to NOT permit any new Thread creation unless their first one was approved. Dups gone that way.

3) Enhanced Mode Editor (at least) Color pallette doesn't render.

Still, good to see the spamming come down.

Eyes open
    "be dom-ready..."
    Doug Hendricks

Maintaining ux: ManagedIFrame, MIF2 (FAQ, Wiki), ux.Media/Flash, AudioEvents, ux.Chart[Fusion,OFC,amChart], ext-basex.js/$JIT, Documentation Site.

Got Sencha licensing questions? Find out more here.

Sencha - Community Support Team mystix's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mystix will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by hendricd View Post
    1) My mailbox is FULL! Used to be you'd get a single email for a thread update, now you get one for every post. Setting still available for that?
    odd. that was how i've been receiving update notifications all along (even before the vB update).

and what exactly are moderated threads?
    i keep seeing these "Moderated" prefixes on thread titles, but i've not idea why they're there

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tryanDLS is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mystix View Post
    odd. that was how i've been receiving update notifications all along (even before the vB update).

and what exactly are moderated threads?
    i keep seeing these "Moderated" prefixes on thread titles, but i've not idea why they're there
    Is that the source of the dup posts? The first one is waiting for approval so the user posts again thinking it was deleted?

Sencha - Community Support Team hendricd's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    hendricd will become famous soon enough hendricd will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by tryanDLS View Post
    Is that the source of the dup posts? The first one is waiting for approval so the user posts again thinking it was deleted?
    That, and, sheer impatience ! It's almost worse (removing dup posts) than cleaning out Spammers.
    "be dom-ready..."
    Doug Hendricks

Maintaining ux: ManagedIFrame, MIF2 (FAQ, Wiki), ux.Media/Flash, AudioEvents, ux.Chart[Fusion,OFC,amChart], ext-basex.js/$JIT, Documentation Site.

Got Sencha licensing questions? Find out more here.

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

I'm looking into the items you listed. Seems that we need to tune things a bit.

Sencha - Community Support Team mystix's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mystix will become famous soon enough

there also seems to be some script errors when performing actions like ticking a checkbox to select a whole boatload of (spam) posts (for deletion) -- only the first gets selected.

Firebug complains about "YAHOO not (being) defined".

i'm also having problems clicking the emoticons in the advanced message editor.

Vote Rating
    steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about

php boxes are now unfixable with double lines. Before there was the trick to edit and post again, this doesn't work anymore, which make usage of php boxes senseless.

And yes, i get 4-9 JS errors each page with YAHOO, vBulletin and PHP is undefined, amd debug output like "Fetch Cookie :: vbulletin_multiquote (null)"

And another one (FF3.5)

Quick reply doesn't work (didm't work before too). When reply, the buttons and smilies are not accessible, think course of the JS errors. One reported that he even could not post:
    http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78898
    vg Steffen
    --------------------------------------
    Release Manager of TYPO3 4.5

Vote Rating
    BitPoet is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by steffenk View Post
    php boxes are now unfixable with double lines. Before there was the trick to edit and post again, this doesn't work anymore, which make usage of php boxes senseless.

And yes, i get 4-9 JS errors each page with YAHOO, vBulletin and PHP is undefined, amd debug output like "Fetch Cookie :: vbulletin_multiquote (null)"

And another one (FF3.5)

Quick reply doesn't work (didm't work before too). When reply, the buttons and smilies are not accessible, think course of the JS errors. One reported that he even could not post:
    http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78898
    Well, it looks like yui-utilities.js should be included, but isn't. Can't even reply to a post using FF or IE because of erroneous 'your reply is to short' messages.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    SchattenMann is an unknown quantity at this point

same with me...

just wrote a holl huge post and got "message to short" :@

seems it only works in chrome

Vote Rating
    BitPoet is on a distinguished road

So, just did some fancy proxy-munging of the extjs forum page and inserted script tags for yui core in the header on-the-fly (yahoo-min.js, dom-min.js and event-min.js), et voilá, everything works as expected, including the quickreply functionality.