Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    wizgrav is on a distinguished road

Default Gears, Direct, easy offline cache

Gears, Direct, easy offline cache

This provider is derived from RemotingProvider and provides a gears cache for ext direct transactions. It doesn't have any change in functionality or usage from the original. When transactions fail (after all retries), the cache is checked and stored data retrieved for the particular method call and arguments. A new event(statechange) is also added to indicate transition to online or offline state. When the data come from the cache the event object carries a "gearstamp" integer timestamp to indicate the time of the last update. The only change that needed in the api file is "remoting" => "gremoting". With a bit more javascript(http://gears.google.com) you can take your web apps offline easily. Enjoy
    Attached Files

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Interesting idea. how is this working out for you? Have you run into any issues?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    wizgrav is on a distinguished road

We decided to base our content sites on ext direct. With this hack they become viewable offline with little extra effort. You just need to add some more javascript to cache images and application resources (css,pages,js files etc) using google's Localserver. So far the only issue I had was when you have the gears plugin installed but deny authorization to the page via the startup dialog. It's just one more check though. Besides that the functionality is completely transparent to the user, the gremotingprovider acts exactly like the remotingprovider when gears is absent. I'm now investigating if and how could it be used in the writer. To be honest, I've only tested it in Chrome but the plugins in the other browsers should behave the same

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    jitu is on a distinguished road

Question want data synchonisation

want data synchonisation

I have two database one is localserver(google gears) and second is mysql(php)
    I ant to synchronize these two database.Means When I offline data is stored in a localserver
    and when I online it is stored in a mysql, so I want when I online the data in google factory will insert in mysql So I will get offline dat also.....

any clue please help me.....

Thread Participants: 2