Ext User
    Vote Rating
    realtebo2 is on a distinguished road

Default Limits to user input: maskRe and stripCharsRe

Limits to user input: maskRe and stripCharsRe

I cannot understand, probably because i'm not a native english spoker, wich differences are beetween

stripCharsRe : filter characters after being typed in, but before being validated

and

maskRe : filter out keystrokes before any validation occurs

and ...

if I want only to accept lowercase chars ... i must write a positive regex (include only what I write) or a negative regex (exclude only whay I write) ?

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold

- maskRe determines the characters that you can type (e.g. maskRe: /[a-z]/ will only allow lower case characters).
    - stripCharsRe is used to strip out text before validation (e.g. stripCharsRe: /(^\s+|\s+$)/g will strip leading and trailing spaces).
    - regexp is used to validate the resulting value (e.g. regexp: /^[a-z]+$/ will only accept a string of lower case characters).

Ext User
    Vote Rating

sorry,

maskRe or stripCharRe make me unable to digit a key (it will be deleted after typed) ?

Vote Rating
    Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold

That is caused by your stripCharRe setting (to what did you set it?)

Ext User
    Vote Rating

I was using /[A-Z]/i but I resolved using /[a-z]/

So form accept only lowercase chars... So I now understand that maskRe is a positve filter: accept only what matches regexp. I cannot digit every key is not matched, it will not be displayed at all

I tried using the same /[a-z]/ regexp using stripCharsRe and the behaviur is different: stripCharsRe is a negative filter: accept only what DOESN'T match to regexp. So I can digit a 'T' and it will be displayed, but if I digit a 't' it will be first displayed and then discarded, deleted, from text box.
    Last edited by realtebo2; 6 Sep 2009 at 1:08 AM. Reason: Added more info

Vote Rating

But do you really want to set a stripCharsRe? Wouldn't it be better to only set maskRe and regexp?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

no, no, I only wanted to understand differences beetween the 2 ways. So I used maskRe.

Thread Participants: 1

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar