Ext User
    Vote Rating
    realtebo2 is on a distinguished road

Default After login ok, how to reload the page?

After login ok, how to reload the page?

My home page is a php page who actually check if user is logged in.

If ok, then 'include' the html page with the main web-application

If no, then 'include' the html page for login.

And this works well.

I just finished to create registration form and login form. All works fine, but... after a correct login, i'd like to redirect the page, or at least to reload. So the php can verify it's logged in correctly and then include the main app.

How to 'reload' the page ? (and how to 'redirect' the browser?)

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Mike Robinson is on a distinguished road

I use a very conventional, "HTML-ish" way of doing this in my Ajax applications. The main application page checks for login and, if not logged in, redirects to a separate login page by way of an HTML "location:" tag. As PHP can do whether the page is Ajax or not. Once login is complete, I redirect again to the main application page.

Obviously, there is always the issue of "where am I?" when dealing with Ajax-y things. The URL ("where am I") might not change at all if you don't want it to, and indeed some apps do things in just that way: they "include" different things in a main application-window framework. (This seems to be the design that you are alluding to.) But others don't, e.g. the forum software of this very web-site. I do not think that any choice is "de facto superior." Others may disagree... let's see if they chime in.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    realtebo2 is on a distinguished road

Sorry, i've not understood your method...

When your app verify that login is ok, you see this:
    "redirects to a separate login page by way of an HTML "location:" tag."

What does it mean? Can you wirte 2 rows of code for demo? I not know the location tag in html ...

Thread Participants: 1