Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    prometheus is on a distinguished road

If you open the application`s source and/or replace the original theme resources (css, js?, images) to a GPL one, the application may going under the GPL I think - if I understand the terms and conditions properly. If my interpretation of terms and conditions is problematic, please point it to where is my mistake because I`m not 100% sure. Thanks before all!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    iv_ekker is on a distinguished road

Hi, prometheus.
    Thanks for the answer.

Interesting, for example,
    i do not distrubute application, i do not sell component or program,
    i do not change js-code or images.
    First of all I distrubute service(tool) and i do not sell service now.

Users build their own themes (css and images) by my service.

What kind of lisence is it ?

Hmm...

Vote Rating
    GraemeBryce is on a distinguished road

This is a fantastic application and significantly better than other EXT v3 theme builders.

If you are not making commercial charges for the application and you are offering it to the EXT community I find it hard to understand that EXT would not permit use of the EXT code given the nature of the open source license.

You could easily add a donate button to link to a payPal account so that generous persons making a theme could make a donation to you or a charity but again if this is voluntary I can't see that it would cause a problem?

Is it the licensing of EXT that is giving you a problem or is it the server side code?

I hope you are able t resolve the issues quickly and restore the download capability as this is likely then to become the most used application for building themes.

best of luck.

Vote Rating
    GraemeBryce is on a distinguished road

You could always ask the EXT team to confirm they are happy that you proceed. You may even get them to blog about the app.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

To delete the thread
    Last edited by iv_ekker; 26 Feb 2010 at 3:27 AM. Reason: To delete the thread

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    moegal is on a distinguished road

Very nice.

Any plans to allow for overriding the alternate colors? Adding choices for backgrounds, etc?

Thanks, Marty

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi, Marty.
    Thanks.

First of all i want to collect opinions (bugs, improvements) of ExtJS community members about current feature. I think the Simple Builder is completed.
    Its main advantage - simplicity.

After that i will think about Advanced Teme Builder.

Vote Rating
    dandfra is on a distinguished road

Default I think the gradient in images/<theme name>/images/layout/panel-title-light- is wrong

I think the gradient in images/<theme name>/images/layout/panel-title-light- is wrong

Consider the downloaded image images/<theme name>/images/layout/panel-title-light-bg.gif
    The gradient in the gif downloaded from your application are left (stong) to right (lighter color)
    If you look at the ext sources the gradient is bottom (strong) to up (light). Since x-repeat is used on this images, the left to right gradient is not seen, but the bottom to up gives a nice rounded effect.
    You can see the effect on your own application, in the title with the button Выйти

I played with your application only for half an hour, and it works great. Thanks for sharing.
    Regarding the licensing issues, I'm not a lawyer,but gcc is GPL I think but the compiled code it produces is GPLed only if the source code it processes is GPL. The css you are producing is derived work from the ext one I suppose, so I think that this css is GPL. The images I don't know.

Ciao

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi, dandfra.

I have compared images images/<theme name>/layout/panel-title-light-bg.gif
    from source and downloaded zip-file and i have found that a gradient in both from bottom to top (not left to right). But in generated image it is expressed less.
    Probably, you meant any other file.

Thanks for your response.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

That link is no longer working. This is a great tool, and I need to generate some custom Button sprites, for some customer who's insisting on red buttons!