Vote Rating
    MiamiCoder is on a distinguished road

Default Announcing "Ext JS 3.0 Cookbook"

Announcing "Ext JS 3.0 Cookbook"

I’m excited to announce the Ext JS 3.0 Cookbook, a book I've been writing for Packt Publishing over the last several months.

The Ext JS 3.0 Cookbook is 400+ pages of step-by-step recipes for building rich internet applications, and in its numerous examples you will find useful techniques that you can refer to and adapt to your purposes.

The book will be available in November, but if you'd like to grab a copy at 10% discount, you can pre-order it now.

I hope this modest contribution is helpful to you and the Ext JS community.

Ext Premium User
    Vote Rating
    Luc is on a distinguished road

Thank you and congratulations!

It's great to see more books on ExtJs appearing on the marketplace.

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Congrats dude!

Can you explain what "Common problems" you are solving with the manuscript.

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Neat, look forward to seeing it.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

I'm looking forward to: "
    It teaches you how to use all of the Ext JS widgets and components smartly, through practical examples and exercises. Native and custom layouts, forms, grids, listviews, treeviews, charts, tab panels, menus, toolbars, and many more components are covered in a multitude of examples.The book also looks at best practices on data storage, application architecture, code organization, presenting recipes for improving them—our cookbook provides expert information for people working with Ext JS. "

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    azuroff will become famous soon enough

If you used Manning I'd have a copy of the MEAP version in my hands right now.

This may not be a question you could answer, but if we've already purchased "Learning Ext JS" from Packt Publishing, is there still some way we could get the 50% off - it gives a code that allows you to get 50% off both books if you buy them together.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Cool; I'm excited to hear yet another book is coming out!

I'll have to get my hands on a copy. Congrats on publishing the book!
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    MiamiCoder is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by azuroff View Post
    If you used Manning I'd have a copy of the MEAP version in my hands right now.

This may not be a question you could answer, but if we've already purchased "Learning Ext JS" from Packt Publishing, is there still some way we could get the 50% off - it gives a code that allows you to get 50% off both books if you buy them together.
    I hear you.

I will ask Packt about the 50% off deal.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    azuroff will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiCoder View Post
    I hear you.

I will ask Packt about the 50% off deal.
    We probably wouldn't qualify - I ordered the first book on my own, but the company has ordered this book for me, so it's not really the same customer getting both books.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Bulle Bas is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jgarcia@tdg-i.com View Post
    I'm looking forward to: (…) "The book also looks at best practices on data storage, application architecture, code organization, presenting recipes for improving them—our cookbook provides expert information for people working with Ext JS."
    I 'd love to see this in extjs in action. But how can there be so many books on the same topic I don't see much value in repeating each other.
    It seems like www.packtpub.com is down btw.