Vote Rating
    MiamiCoder is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Bulle Bas View Post
    I 'd love to see this in extjs in action. But how can there be so many books on the same topic I don't see much value in repeating each other.
    It seems like www.packtpub.com is down btw.
    On the contrary, I think there aren't enough books on this, and there certainly isn't a cookbook. After Ext JS 3.0 Cookbook, I'm looking forward to Jay's book, and I hope more will follow.

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Bulle Bas View Post
    I 'd love to see this in extjs in action. But how can there be so many books on the same topic I don't see much value in repeating each other.
    It seems like www.packtpub.com is down btw.

Ext JS in action is packed with how components work, like taking the time to explain data stores thoroughly. In the last few chapters, I will touch upon these subjects after a long and sturdy marathon of learning. Without seeing the actual manuscript, my hunch is that Jorge's book will go into detail about this subject matter, which will make it valuable.

To think that the books repeat each other is incorrect. Learning Ext JS, Ext JS in Action and now the Ext JS 3.0 cookbook are based off of the same subject matter, but you'll learn different things from each.

Ext JS is *HUGE*, and you could easily fill a small encyclopedia with content about the framework. Also, think of how many JavaScript books are out in the market and how books keep getting published on it.

I look forward to seeing this book in print and like Learning Ext JS, will purchase a copy when it's available.

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Sweeet!!

Dear Jesus Garcia,

Thank you for your order 09-***************** placed on 15 September 2009

eBook items can be downloaded at any time from your account on Packtpub.com. You can also see the status of your order, and view or print a receipt from: Your account
    Your eBook password: *****************

Pre-ordered items, with payment details held securely on Worldpay, but with no charge made until shipment:

1 x Ext JS 3.0 Cookbook [eBook] (*****************) expected 17 November 2009

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    benjaminw is on a distinguished road

Default Just Bought EXT In Action!

Just Bought EXT In Action!

Congratulations Jorge on your efforts good luck with the book's release.

Jesus I just bought your book this morning (soft and e copy) for a a little over $22. I read up to Chapter 4 and despite the fact that it's rough, you're book is great! I like the way you provide in-depth information about the core framework (inside and out); this helps me understand how to extend and use EXT more efficiently.I'm looking forward to the final copy and seeing everything pull together.

Keep up the great work!

P.S. My boss was just in my office and he is going to purchase his own copy too so put down Jorge's book and get back to writing EXT in Action! Your fans are waiting...

Cordially,
    Ben W
    Last edited by benjaminw; 15 Sep 2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Fixed grammar error. s/You're/Your

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    benjaminw is on a distinguished road

Default 50% is the Ringer!

50% is the Ringer!

Jorge if you can get Packit Pub to implement a 50% coupon code you will more than likely get more buyers. Although the content therein is probably fantastic you might not get many bites without providing a first time buyer's discount.

Not very many people are too hip on buying things for retail these days especially if they cannot get a sample of the product. One of the driving factors in my purchase of Jesus' book, besides the coupon code, is his direct affiliation with EXT. Also Jesus has a plethora of resources (i.e., videos, forum posts, tutorials, etc) that make him a creditable source for EXT.

See what you can do about getting Packit to create a 50% off coupon for your (cover and e-book) and I will gobble up the offer. Looking forward to the possiblity of purchasing your non-retail EXT Cookbook. Once again good luck!

Cordially,
    Ben W

Vote Rating

Benjamin, thanks for the feedback.

To all posters:

In respect of Jorge's announcement, please keep this thread on topic. Jorge needs our support.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminw View Post
    Jorge if you can get Packit Pub to implement a 50% coupon code you will more than likely get more buyers. Although the content therein is probably fantastic you might not get many bites without providing a first time buyer's discount. ...

Ben W
    Thank you for the feedback Benjamin. I'm confident that the Ext JS 3.0 Cookbook offers plenty of bang for the buck.

About your trust issue: For example, do books about .NET need to be written by authors with "direct affiliation" (your words) with Microsoft? What about the hundreds of authors that know and support .NET but do not have a "direct affiliation"?

By the way, did you know that this is not the first book not written by a member of the Ext JS community support team?

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by jgarcia@tdg-i.com View Post
    Sweeet!!
    Thank you Jay! I'm looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

Vote Rating

How can i provide suggestions after the manuscript has been devloped? :P

That said, I honestly have not been labled part of the "support team" until a few weeks ago. :P Frank Zammetti is the only author that I know to develop a book that is not part of the 'in' crowd, for lack of a better label.

Sencha - Community Support Team VinylFox's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    VinylFox will become famous soon enough VinylFox will become famous soon enough

Jorge if you can get Packit Pub to implement a 50% coupon code you will more than likely get more buyers...
    BAM! - use code 'jsco34ler' at checkout when you purchase both Learning ExtJS and the ExtJS Cookbook together to get 50% off. Thats both books for the price of one.

...his direct affiliation with EXT...
    I need to make sure this is understood - NONE of us that have written books about ExtJS are working for or make any kind of profit directly from ExtJS LLC, they are a separate company of their own. We do it because we love the library, want to support it, and enjoy sharing our knowledge with others.