Ext User
    Vote Rating
    rblon is on a distinguished road

Question disable "Group By This Field"

disable "Group By This Field"

I am adapting the Grid->Grouping example, and I have a few questions about the GroupingView:
    1. Is it possible to disable/hide the "Group By This Field" option in the column menu?
    2. It is possible to keep on using the groupField (industry in the example) when toggling "Show in Groups"? By default it is grouping using the column that has been clicked.
    3. What is the effect of "EnableGrouping" as setting it to false doesn't seem "to disable grouping functionality"?

Vote Rating
    BitPoet is on a distinguished road

1. It's either as an option in the column config, see the Ext.grid.Column docs, or for the whole grid via the enableGroupingMenu option
    2. I'd do that by disabling the GroupingMenu alltogether and adding a separate Button in the toolbar
    3. It's "enableGrouping" with a lowercase "e" as a config parameter to the GroupingView

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Hi BitPoet,

Thanks for your reply.
    1. I have tried the "groupable" parameter in the Columns config, but this disables both group options (as does "enableGroupingMenu: false" for all columns). I would like to keep "Show in Groups" enabled.
    2. I was looking for standard functionality, but fair enough if that is not available
    3. Sorry for the typo in my post, but "enableGrouping" also doesn't seem to have an effect.

Vote Rating
    BitPoet is on a distinguished road

For your 1st point, that might be a good idea for a feature request. I just had a look into the source regarding point 3, and enableGrouping gets overwritten in the GroupingViews doRender() to match the store's grouping config, so setting it in the config is a moot point. It should therefore be dropped completely.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Thanks, that makes it clear.
    It seems that we, as simple Ext Users, cannot do feature requests, right?

Btw, I have a related question:

It seems that GroupingStore requires SortInfo config, while Store doesn't need that. However, the column corresponding to the field that is used for sorting, gets a highlighted header with an arrow indicating the sort direction.

Is there a way to disable this? I don' want to have a highlighted column header, especially if I have "sortable: false" for all columns.

Thread Participants: 1