Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    maticpetek is on a distinguished road

Default GXT and GWT 2.0 : Cannot reduce the visibility of the inherited method from Widget

GXT and GWT 2.0 : Cannot reduce the visibility of the inherited method from Widget

Hello,
    I just download GWT 2.0, build 6252 and I would like to build my GXT application. Unfortunately, i get the following error:

gwt-compile:
    [java] Compiling module com.mycompany.MyCompany
    [java] Refreshing module from source
    [java] Validating newly compiled units
    [java] Removing units with errors
    [java] [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/Users/friday/Desktop/temp2/MyCompanyLibs17/gxt.jar!/com/extjs/gxt/ui/client/widget/Component.java'
    [java] [ERROR] Line 1417: Cannot reduce the visibility of the inherited method from Widget

Any idea what is wrong with this class? Has anyone successfully build GXT application on GWT 2.0. Thank you,
    Regards
    Matic

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

You need to use gwt 1.6 or 1.7.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    maticpetek is on a distinguished road

Hello,
    Yes, it works on GWT 1.7.1 without any problem. But do you have any plan for supporting 2.0 version? I would really like to use hosted mode on my native browsers.
    Regards,
    Matic.

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

GXT trunk and also patchrelease 2.0.2 support GWT 2.0 as of now.

Thread Participants: 1