Ext User
    Vote Rating
    RobSmith is on a distinguished road

Default Ext wrapper for Appcelerator Titanium

Ext wrapper for Appcelerator Titanium

This question was already asked some time ago but with no answers from anybody:

Are there any plans either by the Ext team or the community to build an Ext wrapper for the Appcelerator Titanium API as it has been done for Adobe AIR?

Since this project (Appcelerator Titanium) continously grows and is heading towards a stable version I think about using it as an alternative for my Adobe AIR projects. When having a similar API to Ext.air I only need slight changes in my source to get the application run on air and titanium.

More information about titanium: http://www.appcelerator.com

Cheers

Rob

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Appcelerator titanium owns

Sencha - Management Team abe.elias's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    abe.elias is on a distinguished road

What API's are you looking to implement? A lot of the AIR work we've done is to work around the sandboxing of unprivileged and privileged code (can't eval code, etc).

With Titanium you don't run into those issues. We are really impressed with their work, esp their work on kroll.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    RobSmith is on a distinguished road

What I had in mind was a base interface for both AIR and Titanium for the base functionalities in order to easily switch between the both of them. Or maybe a kind of adapter.

Writing a dektop application with AIR or titanium will in most cases lead to a high amount of code which is pure javascript without the special classes for desktop env. For code reusability it would be nice to have such a mechanism to easily switch between air and titanium or better to autodetect it. In my opinion it is not a good style to do lots of

Code:
    if (Ext.isAir) {
      //do air function
    }
    if (isTitanium) {
      //do titanium function
    }
    And consider there might be a third player in the ria-for-desktop group in future you want to support. This would force to go through all your code.

Any ideas what is the best way to solve this problem?