Ext User
    Vote Rating
    ultramedia is on a distinguished road

Default display formatted JSON?

display formatted JSON?

Hey everyone,

Bit new to ExtJS so sorry if this is a dumb question.

I wrote a function that takes raw JSON data and reformats it so that I can plug it straight into an ExtJS tree. It's *sort* of working because the tree is displaying, but I just realized it's doesn't have all of the data from the original JSON file so something needs fixing.

I figured out how to dump my reformatted JSON data in human readable format to a panel using encode, but there are no line breaks or indenting so it's stupid hard to look through for stuff done wrong.

Has anyone written a nice function for displaying encoded JSON with line breaks and indenting or is there an even easier way of doing this that I just don't know about yet? I looked in the API for a formatting option on the 'encode' keyword but didn't see anything...

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    ultramedia is on a distinguished road

Well, that would be pretty darn witty if you hadn't completely misunderstood what I was asking. But that's ok, I've already written the function that accepts a JSON object, encodes it then renders it to HTML with line breaks and indenting so that you can manually eyeball through it looking for problems (sort of like debug_var does with arrays in PHP).

Actually, I should probably thank you. I *was* going to post the code in case it was something that somebody else needed down the track, but you've helped me realize what a silly idea it was all along, and how much embarressment I can save myself by not posting it.

*Phew* thanks animal

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jasondeegan is on a distinguished road

Default He's a ..

He's a ..

Please help the community by posting your formatted JSON function. Don't let one D-bag ruin it for everyone.
    Don't measure excellence against others, but rather against the best implementation of yourself.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    willigogs is a jewel in the rough willigogs is a jewel in the rough willigogs is a jewel in the rough

Just use something like JSON Lint?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jasondeegan is on a distinguished road

Default That works as a manual step

That works as a manual step

It's for a dev environment, I want to print a "pretty" JSON to the screen...I used this:

<script>
    widgetObject = <?php echo json_encode( $widget[0] ) ?>;
    widgetDetail = JSON.stringify( widgetObject, null, 4 );
    </script>

and stuck widgetDetail in <pre> tags.

Thanks, J
    Don't measure excellence against others, but rather against the best implementation of yourself.