Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

Hmm, weird. It thought it was supposed to be a "real" excel file, if you check out Animals code (which it's based on). http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthrea...directly+excel

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    joeri has a spectacular aura about joeri has a spectacular aura about joeri has a spectacular aura about

Hmm, yes, on inspection they do seem to be excel 2007 files. Outputting excel 97 format is probably easier though. For simple stuff it's a less complicated format to get exactly right.

The error I get when trying to open the file in excel viewer is "Excel Viewer cannot open the file 'file.xlsx' because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file."

I tried different extensions (xltx, xls, ...), but none of them worked. When opening the file in an XML editor, it does look like valid XML.

Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

Ok, seems like having Excel 2007 is a prerequisite for using this example. You're right, using an old version of Excel (97) would probably be a better idea. But this is still just a proof of concept, not really intended for production scenarios.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Fallen Zen is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mankz View Post
    @jheid: There is no collision detection built in, in version 0.9 there was but I decided against it since I don't want to make any assumptions on how people are going to use it. Some may want the bookings to overlap in some cases - for example tentative bookings etc. To easily turn this on, I'm considering adding a boolean config 'preventOverlap', thoughts?
    That would be a blast. As I'm currently doing a conference room scheduling and it sucks a bit when two people can schedule a room at a same time of day.

Vote Rating

This is on the todo-list for next upcoming release!

Vote Rating

Done! Just checked in the 'allowOverlap' config option in SVN.

Vote Rating
    steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about

fixed in your svn or released?
    vg Steffen
    --------------------------------------
    Release Manager of TYPO3 4.5

Vote Rating

Fixed in my SVN, aiming to release 1.6 in about a week.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    abhaykulkarni16 is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Performance

Performance

Hi mankz,

well, i tested your code snippet on that prebeta page. (refer first post on page 12)
    I inserted around 500 tasks in the gantt, and guess the results...

Yes, it does work alright....

and i would like to assume a few things here as far as the functioning goes after these many records being put in the grid.
    1. Its pre-beta (tell me its a major factor.. coz bugs are present) so hoping to be much better in release..
    2. No server involved here so can't say how it will behave in that case. I mean, it might take a lot of time loading and rendering the gantts for 500+ recs when fetched from backend.

Still i am pretty satisfied about its functioning and performance. I think you've worked out a fine gantt component here.

Now, a few things i would like to see.
    1. Gantt with at least some server interaction. (fetch the schedule from DB ) and
    2. as a feature, priority based - color coded - gantts.

Keep up the good work...

Vote Rating

@abhaykulkarni16: Glad it works for you!

1. Regarding "coz bugs are present", what are you referring to? If you've found some issues, please post them in the Ext Gantt thread. I'll take a look at them right away.

2. Server interaction is never something I will include in the package. I might create a few platform specific implementations for testing but other than that, the component will stay a pure Ext JS component.

3. I can create an example including server operations in ASP.NET for example. Would that be of use to you?

4. Color coding based on priority is a great idea. I might include that in an upcoming release, but it would be really easy to do yourself. Put a priority field on each task and assign a css class based on that field. <10 lines of code.

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it!