Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    simon is on a distinguished road

Default Extjs script on page load falls into infinite loop

Extjs script on page load falls into infinite loop

Hi,

I have the following problem. For testing purpose and easier explanation I created a simple html page which includes only ext library. If you open it in Internet explorer, the script somewhere in ext-base.js falls into infinite loop.
    But it happens rarely. If you click refresh the page many times, it usually happens within 30 clicks. If the page is more complex it happens more often. I don't know what to do? The HTML of the page is rendered, but everything what should be rendered with Ext is not shown until user click refresh or push Esc button to stop executing script (which is obvious in some infinite loop). I tried also with ext 2.1, I tried in many other computers, i also move page between servers and computers and always the same problem. I tried with IE7 and IE8.

If I open the same page with firefox everything works all the time. But I can't use firefox because all the users in our company have only IE - it's official browser.

Just copy this script and create html page, open it with IE and you can click on F5 button to refresh the page. And in one moment page falls into loop, maybe soon, after 2 clicks, maybe not until 50 clicks - its very random. But it will happen.

Any idea? What to do?

Code:
    <html>
    <head>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="../lib/ext-3.0.0/adapter/ext/ext-base.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="../lib/ext-3.0.0/ext-all.js" ></script>
    </head>
    <body>
        test
    </body>
    </html>
    thanks, Simon

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    simon is on a distinguished road

Default Re

Re

Thank you Evan,

it works now. You saved my ass If I ever meet you, I'll buy you a beer.

I hope they will include this code into library by default because it's very critical.

Regards,
    Simon

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    papathierno is on a distinguished road

Default page not found

page not found

Hello!
    I can't access to the page.

I have the same problem:Extjs script on page load falls into infinite loop

A
    ny solution ?