Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ajmPal is on a distinguished road

Question Grid Local Sorting

Grid Local Sorting

Is there any way to so a local sort of a column based on the contents of a hidden column ?
    I know I can change the sortField by remote sorting, but can it be done with the local sort so that I don't have to call the database again ?

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Sorts are done on a "field" not a column

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Ok, then can you sort by a different field than the field displayed ?

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

absolutely.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Ok, then if I have a grid with 2 columns and 1 column is hidden can I sort on the field is hidden using the field that is visible ?

Vote Rating

Absolutely! The question is how do you want the user to enable that sorting?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I have a table that contains IP Addresses. Sorting by IP address does not work using alphanumeric or numeric sorting. I can calculate the integer value of each ip and put it in a seperate field. I want the user to be able to sort on the ip address using the integer value of that address.

Vote Rating

You did not answer my question. As a ui developer, you need to be thinking of these problems. It is only then thy I can help with implementation!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I want the user to be able to sort on one field but use a different field to do that actual sort.

Thread Participants: 1