Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext GWT Premium Member mariusz.pala's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mariusz.pala is on a distinguished road

Default [CLOSED] [2.0.3] BarChart tooltip works partially

[CLOSED] [2.0.3] BarChart tooltip works partially

Hi,

following the question asked here: http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73178
    I've tried to modify the tooltip and it looks like there is no way to use #x_label#, it's always replaced with an empty value.
    You can try it with any BarChart example in your demo.

Code:
     bchart.setTooltip("#x_label#: $#val#");
    Only the #val# is replaced with the actual value, but according to OFC documentation this should work.

I found that in PieChart #label# works, but only in that chart (according to OFC docs it should be also #x_label#).

GXT: 2.0.3
    Browser: Any

Thanks,
    Mariusz

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mtarantini is on a distinguished road

I was asking for help months ago => http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71885

no one was able to list all the properties available by charts, and almost none of the attributes works, even if the OFC Documentation says so !

Vote Rating

I saw few questions about that without an answer, so I reported that as a bug and I hope that someone will finally answer...

Vote Rating

Some people are waiting for an anwser for 10 months... This issue was mentioned by the first time in February. Can you finally fix it or at least help with finding some workaround? Thanks

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

We are not displaying the tooltip. This is done by OFC. We are looking in updateing the used OFC version for 2.1.

I will close this report for GXT.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tomnelson is on a distinguished road

Default workaround for BarChart tooltip

workaround for BarChart tooltip

I was unable to get #key#, #x_label# or anything else to work, so I overrode the populateData method in BarDataProvider so that it did something like this:
    Number n = getValue(m);
    String s = getText(m);
    if(n == null) {
    chart.addNullValue();
    } else {
    Bar b = new Bar(n);
    b.setTooltip(s+"\nCount:"+n);
    (etc)

Note that you need to set the text property in the BarDataProvider to some property of your ModelData. You can use the 3 arg constructor for that, or you can call the setTextProperty on your BarDataProvider instance.
    Hope this helps someone

Tom Nelson