Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mrjoltcola is on a distinguished road

Default [OPEN-332][3.0.3]HtmlEditor - clearing the editor leaves <br> tag

[OPEN-332][3.0.3]HtmlEditor - clearing the editor leaves <br> tag

Ext 3.0.3

The HtmlEditor does not completely clear the content value. If I delete all text, then switch to source mode, there is stilll a "<br>" tag. There is no way to clear it from wysiwig mode.

According to the docs, the getValue() method should return '', quote:
    "Returns the normalized data value (undefined or emptyText will be returned as ''). To return the raw value see getRawValue."

I have a feature that checks if there is content in the editor, and it is not working because once the user has started editing, there is no way to return to empty string.

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

It's not likely that this will ever be changed, because the design mode is all implemented by the browser, we don't really have the option of modifying this behaviour.

Also, the design mode isn't consistent cross browser, it isn't even always a br that is left over.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I don't understand this position. This is possible to fix.

TinyMCE does not have this flaw. I use it cross-browser and it works correctly.

Please fix the HtmlEditor so customers can ditch TinyMCE and use ExtJS as a one-stop framework. I like TinyMCE because it works well, and works as advertised, but I want to reduce the footprint of my app by not including ExtJS + JQuery + TinyMCE + misc other libs.

I'm not asking for plugins and custom features, I'm asking for the ability for the editor to work correctly. I paid for the framework with the understanding that it had an HtmlEditor. I am developing the 2nd version of my commercial product, and I need to know that ExtJS takes these shortcomings seriously for its customers' sakes.

-mjc

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The purpose of this feature was to auto-import a template into the editor (triggered by a combox box select event) if and only if the editor content is empty, so as not to overwrite an existing document.

The workaround I've implemented involves simply checking for length < 20 characters. This is good enough, since anything < 20 doesn't indicate significant content.

Please consider my request, though, as there is still good reason for app designers to use TinyMCE and I see no reason why ExtJS cannot beef up its editor by at least one order of magnitude.

Thanks,

-mjc

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

I had a look at the tinyMCE code, it seems to occur if you're removing text that doesn't have a root element, so it always inserts one. The code in there is a big ugly hack to take care of it.

Regarding your comments above, we do take bug reports seriously, however comparing the Ext html editor to tinyMCE is apples and oranges. Compared to tinyMCE, there are probably a number of bugs or things that Ext doesn't handle as well as tinyMCE does, but it's not really the intent for this control to be a fully featured html editor.

That isn't to say the behaviour is desireable or correct, but as you can appreciate it's not a major priority to fix such an issue because it's not any kind of show-stopper.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

>>it's not really the intent for this control to be a fully featured html editor.

Leaving remnants in the content is not in the realm of "fully featured" or even HTML at all. This is intrinsic to a properly functioning editor, regardless of presentation layer.

>>but as you can appreciate it's not a major priority to fix such an issue because it's not any kind of show-stopper.

I "see" it is not a major priority, but I paid $$ so I cannot appreciate it, sorry.

The HtmlEditor has multiple issues. It has a focus issue as well. The forum is riddled with posts regarding replacing the Ext HtmlEditor with a better solution, usually TinyMCE. I think this says something.

I think the definition of show-stopper is relative to the customer. Technically nothing is a show-stopper, if I just choose not to use Ext at all, so lets not talk in terms of show-stopping. The value of your framework is calculated by how many hours saved / spent. If Ext's stance on this is "take it or leave it", I am wondering why I purchased support.

-mjc

Vote Rating

I think the definition of show-stopper is relative to the customer.
    Absolutely. If you feel this is the case for you, you can use your support subscription to escalate a bug fix to get it pushed through quicker.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

You are correct, I have done so, just opened a ticket.

Thanks,

-mjc

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Eric24 is on a distinguished road

Just subscribing to this thread, so I can keep up with the fix. (I'm having the same problem, and was about to start an "external" fix).

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Eric24 is on a distinguished road

How about this override to the HTML editor? It returns an empty value if the field contents consists only of HTML tags.

PHP Code:
            getValue : function() {

this[this.sourceEditMode 'pushValue' 'syncValue']();
                var 
    value Ext.form.HtmlEditor.superclass.getValue.call(this);
                return (
    Ext.isEmpty(value.replace(/<[a-zA-Z\/][^>]*>/igm' ').trim())) ? '' value;
            } 

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi