Vote Rating
    TopKatz is on a distinguished road

Default Google Chrome OS

Google Chrome OS

I was wondering if googles chrome os will lend it self to having JS frameworks for the desktop? Has this been discussed at all? I thought I had read that they were in fact building js driven apps for it.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    rblon is on a distinguished road

Not sure what you mean with JS frameworks for the desktop.
    My understanding is that you wouldn't install applications on Chrome OS, but that you access (web) applications via the browser.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal is a jewel in the rough Animal is a jewel in the rough Animal is a jewel in the rough

My take is that it's more like Air.

There is no "browser". It would be a Javascript delivered application running in an environment that provides a DOM , but also extra objects which provide a richer environment. I think it's very interesting.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    rblon is on a distinguished road

but a RIA developed for current browsers would run in that environment as well, right (even if there is no "browser")?

Vote Rating
    deanna is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by rblon View Post
    but a RIA developed for current browsers would run in that environment as well, right (even if there is no "browser")?
    Yes, there is a browser in Chrome OS, but the browser is a bit more than just a website viewer. It is the main/(possibly only) interface that applications can run in. Chrome is meant to be an OS where the applications run in the cloud (web apps). Chrome browser now is a lot like what you will see in Chrome OS.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    chameleonwebservices is on a distinguished road

Default Chrome

Chrome

We have found that Chrome is not too bad to program for. When creating webpages testing in all the web browsers tends to show up wierd things that you dont normally see.