Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    brookd is on a distinguished road

Default Updated JsBuilder.jar with CSS compression and more YUI Compressor Options

Updated JsBuilder.jar with CSS compression and more YUI Compressor Options

Hello,

I have a new version of the jsBuilder2.jar file. It adds support for the following:

1. Combination and compression of CSS files (same syntax in the json file as JS files...)

2. Fix a bug (what I consider a bug) when outputting a build where all files in the build directory and sub directories had the licenseText appended even when the files were not part of the build. The result, when building to the output directory a subset of the project was multiple licenseText includes.

3. Output filenames while creating the build so that JS errors that broke the compression could be detected. Once an error occurs, you can see exactly which file the error was in.

4. Added support for all YUI Compressor flags. Example:

Code:
    java -jar c:\testproject1\jsbuilder2\JSBuilder2.jar --preserve-semi --nomunge --verbose --projectFile C:\testproject1\JSBuilder2\testproject.jsb2  --homeDir c:\testproject1\
    It was too big to attach to this forum post. I don't have any where to post it so if you want it reply, and I'll email it to you...

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

I know the Dev team is also working on a new version, but it's nice to see that somebody has created a temporary intermediate version.

Can I request 2 other features:
    1. Support a --deployDir flag to override the deployDir from the .jsb2 file.
    2. Correct UTF-8 support (the license text should be copied AFTER the UTF-8 BOM marker instead of before).

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi Condor,

I actually contracted out these changes on oDesk, cause I needed them for my project. Especially the licensetext (bug?) where all files in the output dir that were not part of the build would get the licensetext added over and over.

So, I can't make your requested changes myself. I can pay the guy would did the first changes to make these changes. I guess it might cost 20 bucks. Do you want to cover it and I'll get him to make those two changes? Sorry, I'm not able to do it myself

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mrjoltcola is on a distinguished road

Is it possible to run onlythe YUI compression step? When I created a jsb2 project for my app, JSBuilder2 complains when I do not have a resources section, and it also seems to copy files by default from source to destination. I just want it to package individual .js into a minified file.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

If I recall correctly you should be able to define a blank resources config, but it needs to be there, just leave it empty...

Vote Rating
    Gjslick will become famous soon enough

Hey brookd, since the JAR file itself is too big for posting on the forum, can you just post the JSBuilder2.java source file? I'd like to include your changes in my build as well.

Thanks,

Greg

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi Greg,

I don't have the source, I can send you the JAR if you want it...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    josevossjunior@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

Default Please, could you send me the new JSBuilder

Please, could you send me the new JSBuilder

Please, could you send me the new JSBuilder with CSS compression, thanks a lot
    josevossjunior@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by brookd View Post
    Hello,

I have a new version of the jsBuilder2.jar file. It adds support for the following:

1. Combination and compression of CSS files (same syntax in the json file as JS files...)

2. Fix a bug (what I consider a bug) when outputting a build where all files in the build directory and sub directories had the licenseText appended even when the files were not part of the build. The result, when building to the output directory a subset of the project was multiple licenseText includes.

3. Output filenames while creating the build so that JS errors that broke the compression could be detected. Once an error occurs, you can see exactly which file the error was in.

4. Added support for all YUI Compressor flags. Example:

Code:
    java -jar c:\testproject1\jsbuilder2\JSBuilder2.jar --preserve-semi --nomunge --verbose --projectFile C:\testproject1\JSBuilder2\testproject.jsb2  --homeDir c:\testproject1\
    It was too big to attach to this forum post. I don't have any where to post it so if you want it reply, and I'll email it to you...