Vote Rating
    gevik will become famous soon enough gevik will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by deanna View Post
    If you are looking to preprocess something to become the client UI, you might take a look at GWT from Google (ext has an addon library for it called GXT). GWT is a few tools to make creating the UI more robust, smaller code, and easier. It uses Java code that is compiled into javascript - but not just compiled, it is optimized with a different version of the js for each browser. GWT handles serving the different versions for you. The compiler produces code much smaller than you would do by hand and only will include parts of the library you need in the output.

Also a part of it is UIBinder which lets you describe the interface in xml similar to what you are doing. Then you reference the components created in the Java code.
    GWT is a very good toolset if one has the possibility(and the willingness) of using Java and Eclipse based tools. I personally abandoned Eclipse in favor of the NetBeans IDE.

Vote Rating

Thumbs up

I have uploaded our first demo of the ExtJS PHP extension.
    Please look at: http://www.ext4yii.com/api/

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ddanatzko is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Looks good So far!

Looks good So far!

Gevik,

So far, this looks great! I didn't get a chance to dig too deeply in the code so please excuse the questions that I should be able to get just from reading the code. What else is the APIApp class responsible for outside of the event handling and app setup? Are you using a Message Bus or something equivalent for event handling in the APIApp? Keep up the good work and I'll see if I can give you some more feedback when I have a bit more time to run through the code. Thanks for sharing.

Dave
    Scope = Perspective (think like an object)

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by ddanatzko View Post
    Gevik,

So far, this looks great! I didn't get a chance to dig too deeply in the code so please excuse the questions that I should be able to get just from reading the code. What else is the APIApp class responsible for outside of the event handling and app setup? Are you using a Message Bus or something equivalent for event handling in the APIApp? Keep up the good work and I'll see if I can give you some more feedback when I have a bit more time to run through the code. Thanks for sharing.

Dave
    The plan is to implement an (semi)automatic data binding feature to connect/bind the ExtJS components to the backend MVC objects. An example of such data binding are the "slots and signals" of the QT framework or the "IBAction and IBOutlet" of the Apple Cocoa framework.

But before implementing the above, I am going to implement all the UI functionality first.

BTW. The ScriptManager is added just today