1. #1
    Sencha User tobiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Munich (Germany)
    Posts
    2,663
    Vote Rating
    110
    tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all

      0  

    Default Ext Certified Developer

    Ext Certified Developer


    hi team and community,

    i am not sure if this topic came up already. in germany, some companies are searching for developers, who have skills in developing apps with your framework. but since there is no official certified test or an education for this, it is not easy to determine who is a good choice and who is not.

    i am not only interested to get such an certification, but i am willing to help to build up something like this in germany.

    kind regards,
    tobiu

  2. #2
    Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Frederick MD, NYC, DC
    Posts
    16,337
    Vote Rating
    75
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

      0  

    Default


    Some folks have asked about this in the past and I don't recall the exact response, but I believe it was not favorable.

    How you determine who is a good choice is by asking techinical questions during an interview. Questions that Only an Ext JS developer with the proper experience can answer.

    For instance (it took me only a minute or two to generate these):

    Q: What are the three phases of the component lifecycle?
    Q: What is the lowest component class that can participate as a child in a layout?
    Q: What is the lowest component class that can manage other child items?
    Q: What does the Data Reader class provide for the Data Store class?
    Q: Name five layouts in the framework.
    Q: What layout allows for multiple children, each taking 100% of the parent's available body space but only allows one child to be shown at a time
    Q: What do Fn.createDelegate, Fn.createInterceptor and Fn.createSquence do?
    Q: Explain what Ext.Element's role is in the framework

    I think you get the point

    If the interviewer does not know the framework, they can create questions from Learning Ext JS (http://learningextjs.com) or Ext JS in Action (http://extjsinaction.com)

  3. #3
    Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    24,251
    Vote Rating
    73
    Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by jgarcia@tdg-i.com View Post
    Q: What is the lowest component class that can participate as a child in a layout?
    That's a trick question (it depends on the kind of layout)!

  4. #4
    Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Frederick MD, NYC, DC
    Posts
    16,337
    Vote Rating
    75
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

      0  

    Default


    No ballgame is not complete without its curveballs dude.


  5. #5
    Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    24,251
    Vote Rating
    73
    Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold Condor is a splendid one to behold

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by jgarcia@tdg-i.com View Post
    No ballgame is not complete without its curveballs dude.
    Really off-topic, but this is a good example of a trick question (I still can't believe I didn't see the answer and tried to calculate it).

  6. #6
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    309
    Vote Rating
    2
    azuroff will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Really off-topic, but this is a good example of a trick question (I still can't believe I didn't see the answer and tried to calculate it).
    I got it right away. (but probably only because you mentioned it being a trick question)

  7. #7
    Ext User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    588
    Vote Rating
    1
    Mike Robinson is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    I never cottoned to "interview questions" like that. Nor, of course, to "certifications."

    My "question" has always been: "show me a sample of your work."

    Then: "give me the names of three good references who have been your former clients." Pick up the phone, preferably while they're there, and just see if you can talk to them. A good workman's reputation follows him. So does a bad one's.


    If the person has built a web-site, then by going to that site I will be able to see the source code that runs it. (It's actually fairly unlikely that the builder bothered to compress it.) Get this person actively involved in conversation about how they did it, and what they did. You can sniff out a fake pretty readily, i-f you know the stuff yourself.


    Then, just make it clear (in writing) from the start that there will be a 30-day probationary period. Anyone who can "get on their feet" will get on their feet within such time.


    In my experience, quite frankly,"certifications" are worthless. They're just a product. When all is said and done, whoever is cranking them out has such an extraordinary incentive to do just that, that it renders their little pieces of paper utterly useless as a discriminating factor. Your mileage, of course, may vary...

  8. #8
    Sencha - Community Support Team mystix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,236
    Vote Rating
    4
    mystix will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Robinson View Post
    It's actually fairly unlikely that the builder bothered to compress it.
    that's already a big fat -1 in my book.

  9. #9
    Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Frederick MD, NYC, DC
    Posts
    16,337
    Vote Rating
    75
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Robinson View Post
    I never cottoned to "interview questions" like that. Nor, of course, to "certifications."

    My "question" has always been: "show me a sample of your work."

    Then: "give me the names of three good references who have been your former clients." Pick up the phone, preferably while they're there, and just see if you can talk to them. A good workman's reputation follows him. So does a bad one's.


    If the person has built a web-site, then by going to that site I will be able to see the source code that runs it. (It's actually fairly unlikely that the builder bothered to compress it.) Get this person actively involved in conversation about how they did it, and what they did. You can sniff out a fake pretty readily, i-f you know the stuff yourself.


    Then, just make it clear (in writing) from the start that there will be a 30-day probationary period. Anyone who can "get on their feet" will get on their feet within such time.


    In my experience, quite frankly,"certifications" are worthless. They're just a product. When all is said and done, whoever is cranking them out has such an extraordinary incentive to do just that, that it renders their little pieces of paper utterly useless as a discriminating factor. Your mileage, of course, may vary...
    The problem with your method is that developers who are under strict NDAs cannot show you their work. Testing their knowledge in a particular technology is the best way to see whether or not they know their stuff.

    Asking for examples of their work is secondary. Any monkey can go out there and copy someone's code. Hell many developers here do that with the Ext JS Examples, where they build entire applications with the ExtJS Copyright and Ext.example namespace written all over it.

    The original post was about an Ext JS certification, which does nothing to display one's ability to effectively and efficiently use the product.

  10. #10
    Sencha - Community Support Team VinylFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,501
    Vote Rating
    7
    VinylFox will become famous soon enough VinylFox will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by mystix View Post
    that's already a big fat -1 in my book.
    LOL - So true!

    Ill add another -1 to that.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar