Ext User
    Vote Rating
    skanjo is on a distinguished road

Default Any ideas on hiding AIR source?

Any ideas on hiding AIR source?

I am working on an AIR application using Ext JS that I was planning to sell. Since the application is HTML/AJAX, all of the source will be available to customers/competitors. Even the source for the Ext Designer is readily available.

So I was wondering, what does Ext plan on doing with Ext Designer if they plan to sell add-ons, such as the code generator? Do you plan on using Durango somehow? I am just starting to look into Durango to determine its capabilities and how it may apply to my problem.

It would interesting to know if anybody in the community has this same concern and if anybody found some way to protect their source code.

Sencha - Community Support Team mschwartz's Avatar
    San Diego, Peoples' Republic of California
    Vote Rating
    mschwartz will become famous soon enough mschwartz will become famous soon enough

http://code.google.com/intl/de/closure/

That tool will at least obfuscate your javascript code.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    PranKe01 is on a distinguished road

Hi - I got the same problem. I am not selling my product, but I don't want that everybody can see and change the code. With Durango it seems that there is no possibility to "hide" the code. The only way I found until now is to obfuscate the JS code. And the only way I see, is that Adobe has to change something to make the Source not visible!
    I already thought of a WebService which "sends you" the neccessary JavaScript code - but that WebService must also stand in the code on the computer, so everybody could run the WebService and get the source. Password protection would also not work, because the password would be written in the code or the user would type it in.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    piroman is on a distinguished road

this is a common problem for adobe air, only solution that i found (not implemented yet) is to obfuscate the code, and pack it on a server, in you application just use eval(ajax request of that js file) before dom ready, i guess it will work, but a skilled programmer can decode it

Vote Rating
    khebs@live.com is on a distinguished road

Use titanium, because this month or February 2010 they will release version 1.0, with a road map.. http://www.codestrong.com/titanium/roadmap/ "Support for compiled code", or u can encrypt ur code w/ AES or related encryption and decrypt on code on-demand..

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi - how can you decrypt the file? The password for the decryption must stand anywhere in plain text?!

Vote Rating

There are lots of ways... have u guys tried http://javascriptobfuscator.com/ ? mix it with dean edwards packer..

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    piroman is on a distinguished road

No there arent many ways dean edwards packed is a piece o crap in obfuscating code, there are a lots of decompressors online that can show u the original code, not even obfuscated by dean's packed, that is just good for reduce source code, not for protecting it, if u do a simple google search u will see what i mean

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

"There are lots of ways..." - so can you tell me one? And what is Titanium? Am I right, when I say it's like Adobe Air, but its open source? Cause I want to use Adobe Air and not another framework for my project...

Vote Rating

hmm, right.. i stamble this before, i tried AES, TEA etc and store the key somewhere, but i know if his a determine & a knowledgeable programmer he can decode it of-course.. your best approach maybe is, if u sell your software your license agreement would be, stating that this is yours now, BUT if this application or code or any portion of it leak out to the public, your a dead man.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar