Vote Rating
    khebs@live.com is on a distinguished road

@PranKe01: Yes Titanium, Open Source best alternative to adobe air & you can download the source at github. In my honest opinion Titanium is better, you can access pretty much to what u need for your application. And yes its like adobe air, w/ steroids, w/o eval issues and it uses less memory... For me before, i hate to jump to titanium because its still in beta, but frustration got in to me in waiting for weeks in adobe air support for this framework "ext". So i tried it, and after making a test app, cases and scenarios for my present application, i'm satisfied w/ titanium and i'm sure you guys too.. Not much in some of its documentation but, you'll get a hang of it in time. hahaha! yeah!!

Latest is here: http://www.titaniumapp.com/

Sencha Premium Member cmendez21's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    cmendez21 is on a distinguished road

Im running on the same issue (on a rental application system) you have but what i found so far was to let Adobe air get the code (loaded)from my hosting server so when you run the adobe app you need user and password so i let them have the code inserted dynamically or loaded from start (obfuscated, encrypted with ION cube and so on)

the bad thing of this is that i'll absorbe all the bandwidth in order so they cannot see my code (i consider it a small price but i have safe my code)

that was the best solution for me so far i dont know what could air 2 can bring us on
    E2CS: Extjs - Event calendar solution | XtPrinter
    Calendar Thread | XtPrinter Thread| Blog

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    piroman is on a distinguished road

i dont think ion cube is working on javascript u can't obfuscate or encrypt the js code with ion cube, because that one is working only for php files, the output to your air application will be plain js code

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    PranKe01 is on a distinguished road

The only way I see is that Adobe implements file encryption, where the password is saved in the Adobe Air app. So let's flood them with this feature request

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PranKe01 View Post
    The only way I see is that Adobe implements file encryption, where the password is saved in the Adobe Air app. So let's flood them with this feature request
    Cuz this has worked on many other tries like access to launch external apps.

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone gotten Titanium setup under Windows? I downloaded the Titanium Developer and launched it. It created a folder "Titanium Developer" under my Program Files and when I launch the program in this folder it does launch but it launches Installer.exe and doesn't actually install anything.

Vote Rating
    Stju is on a distinguished road

Wink

Because of too many problems running AIR our company switched to Titanium
    Thank's for recommendation khebs!

Vote Rating
    khebs@live.com is on a distinguished road

@mizzory: Click on the installed Titanium Developer, it will download the latest SDK.
    @Stju: Glad to hear it

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by khebs@live.com View Post
    @mizzory: Click on the installed Titanium Developer, it will download the latest SDK.
    So I logged in as an admin user and installed it and it launched right after. Log back into my normal user account and there was no link in my start menu. Opened up Explorer and went to the Titanium Developer and it launched the Installer.exe and asked me to install it or cancel so I clicked install. Did absolutely nothing!

So works under admin user but not the normal user in my case at least.

Win 7 64-bit

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    richgoldmd is on a distinguished road

How did you get it to interpret the JS and CSS? I get errors in the debugger:

Resource interpreted as other but transferred with MIME type application/x-javascript.

and

Resource interpreted as other but transferred with MIME type text/css.

Any help would be appreciated!

Rich