Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mtarantini is on a distinguished road

Default [CLOSED]ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException on ColumnModel

[CLOSED]ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException on ColumnModel

There is a little problem with the ColumnModel, under some circumstance an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException occurs.

I don't have a proper testcase because sometimes the problem occurs, sometimes it won't.

Code:
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
        at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:324)
        at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.grid.ColumnModel.setHidden(ColumnModel.java:479)
        at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.grid.GroupingView.renderRows(GroupingView.java:456)
        at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.grid.GridView.afterRender(GridView.java:641)
        at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.grid.Grid.afterRenderView(Grid.java:657)
        at com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.grid.Grid$1.run(Grid.java:646)
        at com.google.gwt.user.client.Timer.fire(Timer.java:141)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor96.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:157)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannel.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannel.java:1713)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:165)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:120)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:507)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:264)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
        at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
        at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:188)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor76.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:157)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannel.reactToMessages(BrowserChannel.java:1668)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:401)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:222)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    Last edited by mtarantini; 28 Dec 2009 at 11:22 PM. Reason: fixed

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Arno.Nyhm is on a distinguished road

maybe there is a spelling error:

check all your typed column names ... also the expand column name ... maybe there is the error

an better guess with my crystal ball:
    you have a GroupingView ... and something wrong with the "GroupField" (maybe misspelling or not setting it or something like this)
    This forum needs your help: you got hints from the community and now you have fixed your code? dont just reply with "now its fixed" or "i found the error"! please take the time to post also an detailed answer with the working code.

GreaseMonkey Script for a GXT-only Forum: it hides ExtJs here: New Posts • Search Results • Advanced Search form • Category overview http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthrea...041#post410041

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I think is the groupingstore who cause the exception.

As I don't use the "expandColunm" function, and my store is empty as start, it must come from the groupBy function on an empty store.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Problem fixed, thx Arno.Nyhm

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Arno.Nyhm is on a distinguished road

can you please explain how you fixed it?
    This forum needs your help: you got hints from the community and now you have fixed your code? dont just reply with "now its fixed" or "i found the error"! please take the time to post also an detailed answer with the working code.

GreaseMonkey Script for a GXT-only Forum: it hides ExtJs here: New Posts • Search Results • Advanced Search form • Category overview http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthrea...041#post410041

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

It was referencing a non existing columnid. Marking this as closed.

Please do not update the threadtitles on your own.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

In fact, I was creating a empty store in the construstor of my class, and I was setting the groupBy just after.

As my store is filled later, at rendering (the store which is still empty) the ColumnModel could not find the column setted in the groupBy.

So I set the groupBy after my store is loaded.

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

I dont think that an empty store is the problem, i cannot reproduce it with an empty store. THe problem will be that the groupby field was set to something that was not existing in the columnmodel. I will add some assert statements here to give some better hints.

Thread Participants: 2