Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    willryanuk is on a distinguished road

Exclamation [OPEN-509]cellclick event does not fire when cell must be scrolled into view

[OPEN-509]cellclick event does not fire when cell must be scrolled into view

This relates to a bug that has persisted from 2.1 (initially reported here).

When you click on a grid cell that needs to be scrolled into view (i.e. a partially obscured cell), neither the cellclick nor rowclick event propagate, although the cell is highlighted.

From my testing, the bug is apparent on FF 3.5.6, Safari 3.1 and Chrome 3.0. It is not a problem in IE8 or IE6.

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't able to reproduce this. I took the array grid example and modified some of the column widths.

I then clicked on the rightmost cells, both in the first and second rows (with the scroll position as shown in the screen grab). You can see the events are fired. Do you have a better test case I can use?
    Attached Images
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

It occurs when a grid row is partially hidden in the vertical direction within its container as opposed to hidden in the horizontal direction. When you click on a row that is vertically hidden, the container scrolls down to reveal that entire row, but the the events don't fire. If you cannot replicate this behaviour then I'll mock up some code.

Thanks.

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

I can see it happening, the problem is that the mousedown event gets fired, but the click event (even the raw one) never gets fired. Perhaps it's because the row moves into view on the mousedown which somehow screws up the click.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Can we raise this as a bug and get it fixed in the next patch release? It is important for my project that we can capture this particular event.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

Looks like RowSelectionModel.handleMouseDown will have to defer the call to view.focusRow to allow the mouse gesture to complete before the element scrolls and the click pixel threshold is overrun.

Vote Rating

That's what I was thinking, but while trying it, a delay of 100ms isn't enough (at least on my machine) to consistently fire the row and cell click events. 500ms was adequate, however it's much too long and makes the UI look sluggish.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Has there been any progress on this? Can I expect this to be fixed in the next release?

Sencha - Community Support Team mystix's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mystix will become famous soon enough

i'd like to take @animal's suggestion a step further by detecting if view.focusRow will result in scrolling -- if a potential scroll is detected, queue all cellclick / rowclick / whateverclick listeners for execution after the scroll has taken place.

this will resolve the problem of introducing an arbitrary delay which may not work under all situations.

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by willryanuk View Post
    Has there been any progress on this? Can I expect this to be fixed in the next release?
    I don't expect a fix until 3.2.x is released. The effects at the moment look to be too disruptive for a patch release.