Ext User
    Vote Rating
    patrosmania is on a distinguished road

Default export graphic to image

export graphic to image

Hi everyone.

Is there any way to export an Extjs generated graphic to an image (jpeg or png)?

Thanks in advance.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

"graphic" You mean like a chart?

You can do screen captures on most OSs now. Windows can, I don't know what you have.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

yes sure!, I did the explicit translation from spanish to english, sorry.

I was hoping I could save it as an image but from the javascript code, not from the OS native function. Is there some way to achieve that?

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

No, javascript doesn't support that.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    BlueCamel is on a distinguished road

Version 2.8.0 of YUI Charts (which is what ExtJS uses) supports exporting the chart as a jpg or png when using flash 10 or later.

EDIT: To be clear, extjs uses an older version of YUI charts than 2.8.0. It's not clear when ExtJS plans to include the latest release.

Vote Rating
    jjulian is on a distinguished road

I've heard this request a few times...the app needs to allow "export" of a section of the page to pdf or png. The requirement can be danced around with the "screenshot" argument, or setting up the server to allow csv download for grid data, or using the new flot export to png functionality, etc. But has anyone done a real WYSIWYG export?

I imagine it could be done by sending the chunk of html down to the server via ajax, then running HTMLDOC to create a pdf. I've never attempted this solution, though.

Does anyone have a good solution?

Vote Rating
    edgars.sults is on a distinguished road

Has there been any progress with this? Is it now possible to save an Ext chart as an image?

I haven't found any documentation or mention about this. And the demos don't have this feature.

I can't even find YUI charts documentation about this.

I've been using FusionCharts, which have this feature, and it must be enabled by adding some attributes to the Flash object, but I'd like to move to Ext charts. But the key functionality that seems to be missing is the ability to export the chart to an image.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for your reply. We're hoping that feature comes right around the corner soon too.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    borbpet is on a distinguished road

So I can export chart to PNG with IE but Firefow doesn't show export option in popup menu. Any idea?