Ext User
    Vote Rating
    sonryhater is on a distinguished road

Default Why am I forced to include EVERY file? Seriously? How can I get around this for 3.x?

Why am I forced to include EVERY file? Seriously? How can I get around this for 3.x?

So, Ext JS seems to have some fantastic grid support, but I've been looking through the docs and I realized that ext js uses an autoloader and even worse, it loads nearly everything that it can.

This is not acceptable for a serious production system and I can't use Ext JS as it is. I'm not supporting 3 users here, I'm supporting many hundreds of thousands.

I'm not here to debate why Ext JS decided to go this route, but what I'd like to do is to figure out how I can use the grid library without all the massive (unecessary to me) baggage.

Searching the forums here, I've found http://www.extjs.com/products/extjs/build/, but it doesn't seem to support the latest version. Will the latest version be supported, or is this just something left over from 2.x branch?

Can I get this version if I buy support?

Thanks for the help.

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

No, there is no "Build your own" for Ext 3, but you can do it manually.

Read this thread.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Mike Robinson is on a distinguished road

Condor, this might be something that ought to be "officially" easier-to-do. A page on the company web-site perhaps; or, a "sticky." Custom-builds can be a PITA support-wise as we all know, but you don't have to support them.

Thread Participants: 2