Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gaspo100 is on a distinguished road

Default Firefox slow rendering complex forms

Firefox slow rendering complex forms

I have a reasonably complex ContentPanel with about 50 widgets on it.

When the panel is opened via dialog box then there is no problem. Firefox renders the widgets off-screen and then shows the whole dialog box at once. Its fast.

However, when I dynamically create TabItem and add this panel to it then Firefox renders everything on the screen. This shows down opening the TabItem and does not look good.

Other browsers (IE, Chrome, Opera, Safari) don't do it.

Here is the slow-motion capture of what happening.

Is it possible to do anything in code to force Firefox to render the content off-screen like other browsers?

Sencha Premium Member louiscooper's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    louiscooper is on a distinguished road

I would also like to know the answer to this.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry, answer to what? The original post is almost three years old, no code was provided, and the sample doesn't exist anymore. Do you have your own sample you can share? And how does the dialog '[render] the widgets off-screen'? GXT supports lazy rendering, hideMode=OFFSETS, but any way that does a render and can measure things must be more expensive than rendering without displaying content.

TabPanel in 2.x has setDeferredRender to ask the content to render as much as possible before drawing anything on the screen - was that tried, or did it not work?

Sencha Premium Member louiscooper's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    louiscooper is on a distinguished road

I take back my comment, it turns out my issue is related to something else. Thank you.

Thread Participants: 2