Vote Rating
    Nom4d3 is on a distinguished road

Nice work tobiu! You project shows how awesome is ExtJS for this kind of application. Can you give-me access do try a demo?

thanks!

Vote Rating
    tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all

hi sunjoo and Nom4d3,

thanks for your feedback. i just created your demo-logins.

the fieldmanager-project is something that sadens me a lot: a perfect example that a good software is nothing without a good marketing. since my marketing-team was not able to find customers for this app, i am not sure if and how the project can continue.

i would love to continue developing this and have some quite cool ideas for improvements and whole new widgets, but without almost no perspective of earning money with this, i have to take a break after 2 years of fulltime-developing this (more than 4.000 hours).

it might be a possibility to cut down some modules to offer them at the marketplace if this will go online (it got horrible quiet about this topic). i talked about this project with the ext-team and got the info, that they could write an implementation-spotlight about it. that was several months ago and i got no replies after asking about the status.

if anyone is interested in distributing the fieldmanager or has ideas how to save the project, feel free to contact me. it would be no big problem, to use the app for other booking-entities like hotels, wellness-centers, car rentals, etc.

kind regards,
    tobiu
    Best regards
    Tobias Uhlig

S-CIRCLES Social Network Engine

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    joeri is a jewel in the rough joeri is a jewel in the rough joeri is a jewel in the rough joeri is a jewel in the rough

That's very sad to hear that you can't find customers. This is why I don't want to do freelance software development: I don't want to become a salesman.

I think if you do want to bring it to market, you'll have to aim for the end of the market that doesn't have the budgets for the bigger players in this space, which means selling it via a hosted model, where a non-technical user can set up everything themselves. Maybe the chrome marketplace could be the right place when it launches?

Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

Sad news indeed. I tried pitching it to 2 local sporting arenas here but no answer back. Do you have an english translation? That might help, if I were to give it another shot. I know for a fact that the swedish online sports booking apps are as you might have guessed: _crap_.

Hoping this works out for you!

Vote Rating
    steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about

I agree this is really sad. on the other hand sportcenters is a difficult branche - they spent all money in equipment and building and don't spend money for employees and their equipment. "Why change? It works all the years without ..."

But your next app will take only 10% of time and will be in a better business segment, so don't worry, all pays back the right time

[irony]Look at mankz, he build gantts which are needed at big companys with much employees and much money to spend [/irony]
    vg Steffen
    --------------------------------------
    Release Manager of TYPO3 4.5

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Materix is on a distinguished road

Hi tobiu.

I saw your fantastic fieldmanager-project on YouTube. Any chance to get a peek of the demo?

PS: I hope very much this project survives.

Vote Rating
    grgur has a spectacular aura about grgur has a spectacular aura about

The project is excellent. I agree, marketing does make a difference.

I also tried to pitch it in locally and the potential investor who owns two arenas was quite satisfied. However they seem to have difficulties of another kind to tackle first. I hope it works out in the future.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    djoo is on a distinguished road

thanks jay!

i added 3 more pictures.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    extjs_new is on a distinguished road

Hi Tobiu, Indeed this is superb great work!
    I want to try the demo
    Regards,
    extjs_new

Vote Rating
    tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all

hi community,

i am still thinking about this project. first of all, the app needs to be ported to 3.2.1.
    afterwards i would like to improve the forms, like adding composite-fields, like an optional slider for selecting times (like in the court-view).

an event-form configurator would be sweet, where users can specify, which fields should be included in which order, define the must have fields and add custom fields as well.

saving the grid-states for each user and the ability to restore the default-settings are on the roadmap too.

i also would like the possibility (but this will take quite a while) to use the sencha-framework to allow users to add their reservations with their mobile devices.

hopefully there will come some news about the project, so stay tuned =)

kind regards,
    tobiu
    Best regards
    Tobias Uhlig

S-CIRCLES Social Network Engine